Chapter 1- A Start

Some people say ending something is the hardest thing. I would have to disagree with that statement, starting something is the hardest thing. Take the morning for example; I have to talk myself into starting the day. Basically forcing myself out of the comfiness of my bed. Not to mention my house is the temperature of Antarctica.

Waking up in the morning is the worst part of my day. I hate not knowing what my day is going to be like, whats going to happen.

So you can only imagine what was happening at my house at 6:30 A.M. on a Monday morning; my mom screaming at me to get my ass out of bed. Joy. One thing my crazy mother needs to understand is that I am definitely not a morning person, never will be.

After laying in bed for ten minutes I clambered out of my warm sheets and onto the cold wood floor. Someone really needs to force my dad to turn up the thermostat.

"REAGAN!" I almost jumped out of my skin when my mother opened my door with so much force it slammed agains the wall. "Oh, good you're awake then," she stated calmly, like she didn't just barge into my room screaming her head off. Yeah right.

"Yup just baking a cake here," I said with a yawn.

"Alright sweetie hurry up and get dressed," she calmly stated before starting to close my door. "Oh, and next time cover your mouth before you yawn, you'll catch flies." The door closed. Wow, I'm really feeling the love this morning.

~

When I opened the doors of Bayside High School I was greeted with empty hallways and complete silence. Something that happens when you are late.

I slowly walked to first period. I was already late, why be in a rush? Now, if you start saying I'm a rebel and what not then your are horribly wrong. I'm not one of those goody-two-shoes either. Im just plain old me. I like getting good grades, reading in my free time, and not missing curfew. But there is also a part of me that swears, talks back, and is always late to class. The being late to class part isn't my fault though. Who starts school at 7:45 in the morning? I can barely even remember my full name at this time.

Speaking of names, mine is Reagan Adams.

Getting to class late is a regular thing for me now. Even my teacher, Mr. Gimsby, doesn't scold me anymore. I think after the seventh time of him yelling at me for being late he has finally accepted that nothing is going to change my tardiness besides moving school to start at 9 A.M. Actually, canceling school altogether would be better. School has actually helped me figure out what I want to do in my future. I am going to become the President so I can cancel school for high schoolers. Sorry to the kids in elementary and middle school, but, you guys have recess you will survive. Plus we cant have people with no sense or smarts walking around, we would get nothing done and there would be even MORE fast food restaurants around.

I took my normal seat in the middle of the classroom next to my best friend, Sage. She smiled at me and showed me some of the notes they had taken. Biology is an awful class to have first period, let me tell you. I copy down some of the notes and drift off into my land of day dreaming. Well, that was until someone annoyingly threw a crumpled up piece of paper at me. I'm used to this by now, people thinking its funny. To be honest its just downright annoying as hell.

I didnt even need to look around to know who threw that crumpled up piece of paper at me. It was Christopher Duran, resident asshole who thinks he's all that. Let me tell you something about that asshole. We used to tolerate each other in elementary school. Well, that was up until at cliche game of truth or dare. I bet you can guess what the dare was. The stupid cliche seven minutes in heaven. Being young we really didn't understand what was supposed to happen in seven minutes in heaven. That was until Jacob Knox told us some disturbing story his brother told him. So Christopher spent some time in the closet. Nothing happened other than the fact he told me to take my shirt off. No one tells me what to do so of course I just insulted him and told him no. After the awkward seven minutes were up we came out of the closet. Christopher acted smug and the next day of school there were stories of what happened in that damn closet. That smug bastard told the entire school about how we made out and he took my shirt off. Pretty crazy for a couple of sixth graders right?

Just thinking about that makes my face go red with anger. He is always making my life miserable with his awful presence. Somedays I wish I had a magic button that could make the people I hate disappear. Then again, there probably wouldn't be many people left on this Earth so that isn't the best idea...

The bell rings signaling the end of first period. Yay, only seven more to go. Note the sarcasm.

"Hey, so we still on for an episode of Pretty Little Liars tomorrow night?" Sage questioned, standing up from her seat. It was one of our favorite shows. We can never get over how hot those boys are.

"Of course! I need myself a fix of Caleb Rivers, that boy has my heart," I swooned.

"How many times do I have to tell you that Ezra is the ho--" we were interrupted by none other than Christopher fucking Duran slapping me on the ass while yelling "Nice ass!" To the entire population of Bayside High School. Is being an asshole his job?

"Go fuck yourself!" I flipped him the bird while making my way down the hallway with Sage by my side.