CHAPTER EIGHT ☑

Start from the beginning

As he ran his hand through his tousled jet black hair, he turned his face away. A soft growl rumbled in his chest. My heart hammered against my ribcage so hard I was certain it would tip right through. Luke's gaze snapped up in Eliot's direction, concern evident in his eyes.

"Aaron is making you pay for the intrusion earlier." Nicolas didn't sound surprised at all.

"Shit!" Eliot's eyes seemed to change to a deeper blue, black around the pupil area when he glanced again in my direction.

"What—What's going on?"

"Aaron grew curious," Luke said, his gaze back in the newspaper. He turned the page, then slumped in his seat. "Eliot is his twin so they have this sort of gift that allows them to connect with each other. They can speak in their mind, feel what the other feels and..." He met my gaze, a big smile plastered on his face. "They can see through each other's eyes."

Eyes wide, I turned my face to meet those electric blue eyes. Slowly, the corners of Eliot's lips curved upward, his eyes studying my face before settling on my legs. Feeling too exposed, I tugged on the hem of the dress.

"Enough!" A loud growl escaped his lips before those eyes turned to their normal color.

"I think I would rather be executed than have to deal with this." The words escaped my lips before I could stop them, but they didn't seem to perturb anyone present.

Eliot's ragged breath slowed down. "Damn him."

"You started all this. You should have never told him. Perhaps now that he has seen her, he will leave that sanctuary to see her in person."

"I doubt that, Father."

"Why?"

Both Nicolas and Luke waited for a reply, but Eliot said nothing. He sat in complete silence, his eyes fixed upon me.

"Ah, you doubt your words yourself. You know he will be curious," Luke said before tapping Eliot's shoulder. Eliot jerked away, his lip clenched into a tight straight line. Without intending to, my gaze fell on his jean shorts.

How did he get dressed?

Did he magically change back into human form with shorts on already?

Feeling eyes on me, I lifted my gaze to find him staring, a small smile on his lips.

Oh, great. Now, he probably caught the wrong impression. Though I have to admit, he has great legs.

At the soothing laughter of Luke, I knitted my eyebrows together. "Please, don't get weird ideas in your head."

"I didn't say anything."

"Your laughter said everything."

"Her attitude isn't like her."

At Eliot's voice, I turned my head. "Why? Was she someone who never spoke her mind?"

He shook his head. "Annabel always spoke her mind, but she was never rude to her superiors."

"I was not rude."

"Usually, humans cower in the presence of my father and Luke, yet here you are speaking to them as if you are an equal."

Knitting my eyebrows together, I glanced through the glass, not wanting to speak to anyone any further. Even though I tried hard not to, I sneaked a glance back at him. Eliot had many similarities with Aaron—from the picture I had seen; however, those turquoise eyes told me he was the one who caused mayhem, while Aaron's piercing ones told me he was the quiet type of man.