Journey To Regionals

"We're doing Don't Stop at regionals?" Rachel asked.

"And then some. We are doing a Journey medley. Because who cares what happens when we get there, when getting there has been so much fun."

Adalynn smiled and nodded. She had to admit, even with all the breakdowns and drama, this had been one of the best years of her life.

"Rachel, you had something you wanted to say?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Just that we're all really glad you didn't become an accountant," Rachel replied and everyone laughed.

"Regionals, here we come."

****

Everyone was in the greenroom at regionals. Tina was helping Adalynn with her make-up, and Bailey was discussing their upcoming performance with Julian as the two friends sat on one of the couches sharing a bag of Skittles the older boy bought from the concession stand.

"A mash-up of Olivia Newton-John and Josh Groban," Puck said, irritation in his voice as he heard the music coming through the speakers. "Are you kidding me? Somebody tipped them off about the judges!"

"We can't get distracted by what the other teams are doing," Rachel said.

"We just gotta keep our heads in the game and focus," Finn added.

"Even though we know we can't win?" Santana scoffed.

"If this is only about winning for you guys, then I owe you all an apology because I've failed you. And we should just all go home because it means we've already lost," Mr. Schue said as he came into the room. "Besides, we have something that the other groups don't."

"False hope?" Adalynn asked.

"Finn's dancing!" Mr. Schue exclaimed, getting a laugh out of everyone except a confused Finn. "Let's get out there. We've got two minutes. Bring it in."

****

****

Everyone cheered as they ran back to the greenroom, morale higher than before after their standing-ovation worthy performance.

"We've got second place in the bag!" Tina exclaimed.

"Screw that, we are gonna win this!" Bailey cheered.

Adalynn stayed behind the others to help a very pregnant and worn out Quinn get back to the dressing room. She held onto her hand and placed the other on the small of her back to help her down the stairs.

"Quinnie," a woman said.

The two friends turned in the direction of the voice and saw Quinn's mom, Judy, who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Mom," Quinn gasped, tightening her hold on Adalynn's hand. "What are you doing here? Is Dad okay?"

"I came to hear you sing. You were wonderful," said Judy. "You both were," she added, smiling at Adalynn. "I'm so sorry I missed all the other times you performed. Were there a lot? I left your father. Well, I... kicked him out, actually. He was having an affair with some, uh, tattooed freak. Quinnie, I want you to come home with me. I can turn the guest room into a nursery. Oh, sweetie, say something."

"Quinn, are you okay?" Adalynn asked, furrowing her brows when she saw the look on the older girl's face.

"My water just broke."