Chapter 2: We Got Bread, Bois

A/N: Alright! I'm back with the second rewritten part of the story. I've got a bunch of school work to do, but I ain't doing that sh!t. I'm over here writing, because why not :)

Before you proceed: Read the tags, and the previous chapter. I'm rewriting this book because I realized what I'd previously wrote made no sense, so I wanted to fix things, and I work better re-doing things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One last thing before you continue! [ '#' is sample text]

Bold: Parseltongue
Italics: Newspapers/Letters/Inheritance Tests
,,####": Howlers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, without further do, CHAPTER 2!

Harry followed Hagrid through Diagon Alley, practically running to keep up with the man. Hagrid had gotten distracted by something, so Harry had quickly asked to do his shopping alone, and Hagrid, too zoned out to process those words, handed Harry his vault key and train ticket. Harry then left, before Hagrid could realise what happened.

He looked up at Gringotts, stepping inside and walking up to a weird creature sitting at a desk with coins on it. "Excuse me, I'd like to see the Potter vault. Here's my key, sir." He requested, holding out his vault's key. The creature looked up from his work, his gaze turning into a glare that made Harry gulp.

"Follow me. You must take an inheritance test, as no one from our world has seen you in a decade." The creature ordered, getting up from his seat. Harry followed him to a door with a sign on it.

Potter Manager

Thornrose

The creature knocked on the door, similar to the rapping on his cupboard door by Petunia that Harry detested. The door opened, and the creature gestured to the door. Harry stepped inside, and the door closed behind him.

On the opposite side of the door, another creature sat at a black desk with a stack of papers, books, a few feathers, and a glass jar. There were 2 chairs on the opposite side of the desk. The creature, Thornrose, as the sign said, gestured to the chairs, and Harry took a seat.

"Please prick your finger in this glass bowl. The inheritance test only requires one drop of blood." Thornrose said. She then handed Harry a dagger and the glass jar, so Harry pricked his finger, and squeezed it to let 1 drop fall.

Thornrose then took out a vial from a drawer in his desk, and added in the black liquid into the jar. The black liquid immediately mixed with Harry's blood, and Thornrose poured it over one of the sheets on the desk. What Harry saw on the sheet made his blood run cold.

GRINGOTTS INHERITANCE TEST

Name: Harry James Potter

PARENTAGE

Mother: Lily Rose Potter nee Evans (Murdered)

Father: James Fleamont Potter (Murdered)

Godmothers: Alice Longbottom nee Fortescue (Tortured To Insanity)

Narcissa Malfoy nee Black

Godfathers: Sirius Orion Black (Falsely Accused, Incarcerated)

Remus John Lupin (In Hiding)

Frank Longbottom (Tortured To Insanity)

Lucius Abaraxas Malfoy

THREATS TO WIZARD

Loyalty Draught (A. P. W. B. D)
Keyed to A. P. W. B. D, Weasley Blood, Order of the Phoenix

Hatred Draught (A. P. W. B. D)
Keyed to Severus Snape, Tom Marvolo Riddle, Voldemort, Death Eaters

Hatred Draught (A. P. W. B. D)
Keyed to Dark magic, rituals, and dark wizards

Determination Draught
Keyed to defeating Voldemort, Tom Marvolo Riddle, Death Eaters

Reckless Action Compulsion (A. P. W. B. D)
Results: Will rush into action without thinking when presented with life threatening situations.

Lacklustre Studying Compulsion (A. P. W. B. D)
Results: Will not take studying seriously, will not retain knowledge

Soul Bond:

Soulmate: Tom Marvolo Riddle