Chapter Four

(As much as I enjoyed the boat chapter, having to write about it seemed a little dull.)

They two men awoke to a J'avo suddenly jumping on top of Piers with a blade aimed towards his throat. The sniper began trying to fight off the thing while Chris regained himself and moved to help. "Piers!"

Piers pushed the creature off of himself and started getting up. "I'm good, Captain."

J'avo began firing down upon them and Chris pushes him towards cover. "Keep your head down! They've got to her sights locked on us!" The two men ran into a room and began fighting off the creatures while making their way to the front. They found them raising the stairs and began moving around other directions so that they could open the passageway.

"Alpha to HQ. We're closing in on Ada Wong."

"HQ here. Copy that."

"We have to figure out where on board she's hiding." Piers spoke and turned to go another direction after the snipers and main threat was taken care of. The stairs lifted before them and the bulkhead began to close. "Well, that's just great, what else can do wrong? How the hell are we supposed to get the bulkhead open?"

"We'll figure something out. That's our job. You and I have a mission to complete. Got it?"

"Yeah, I got it. Maybe we can blow it open." They ran across a catwalk and spotted a missile.

"Hey, Piers! I found somethin' to take care of that bulkhead!" With that he crouched and helped Piers across the gap in the walkway before the platform they stood on began to move and turn elsewhere in the room. Chris sighed and jumped onto the next one to continue with his choice to meet-up with Piers. "Piers, you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Just keep going. We'll meet up eventually." Chris ordered. With that the two men went separately down the paths. Chris reached some wire and leapt upwards grabbing onto it and slowly making his way over. Once across he checked on Piers before the two of them began moving and prepping the rocket. Piers lowered it and that allowed Chris to set it off, where Piers tackled the male to keep him safe. "Now that's how you open a door."

HQ, come in. We're continuing our mission to apprehend Wong."

"Now let's get those stairs back down." And so they jumped down to the main floor.

Suddenly as they were making their way back a large enemy aircraft that fired round after round towards them, forcing them into cover once more. They began avoiding the main path and used the cover to try and get closer to the set of doors, which brought them to and area that had the lever to lower the stairs that led to the broken bulkhead. They kicked down the ladder and used it to get down to the main floor where they raced to get Ada. They rushed through the doors into the next area.

"Can you feel it spreading through your body yet?" Ada's voice echoed through the intercom. "I'm just giving you exactly what you gave me, Simmons. At first you'll be afraid, but don't worry. You're just becoming the monster you always were. You and everyone else on the planet." Chris and Piers have one another continuous looks before they slowly began continuing. "You and your Family may have shaped the world into what it is today, but starting tomorrow, it's all going to change."

And she finished while the two men pushed open doors and carefully looked around. They entered and elevator and slowly were moved upwards and stepped into the next room cautiously. There they saw the woman in red flee into the ship. "It's Ada!" She locked them out and raced forward to get away.

"Ada, stop!"

Another security door closed behind her and Chris rushed through the door that opened with an unsuspecting J'avo being freshly manhandled. They took a longer route to catch up, trying to quickly reach the woman and take out any J'avo that stepped in their path.