"Please, can we not think about our parents today," he cuts me off.

I lean back thinking about his words for a moment.

"Yeah. Okay, let's get started then."

Y/N starts off by taking me to the shore. The beach was almost empty, with it being ten am on a Tuesday.

"It's so nice out here," I smile.

"Yeah, it is. A lot nicer than that hell hole so called school," he says.

I give a small chuckle, "true."

We kept walking along the ocean side until I we realized how hot we were both getting. "Hey, let's check out some of these store," He said as we
headed to the strip mall not far from the shore.

We ended up making our way into a small store. We make our way around glancing at the small objects on the shelves. I pick up a necklace with the
words 'always in my heart' in graved in the smallrectangle hanging on the chain.

"You like that?" Y/N asks walking up from behind me eyeing the jewelry in my hand.

"Yeah, I think I do," I said with a small smile.

"I can get it for you," he offers.
I immediately roll my eyes at him, "No, Y/N. I have my own money you don't need to worry about it."

"But insists," he protests. "Maybe, if I pay for it you'll think of me whenever you wear it."

I can't help but give a small laugh and shoot him a look. "You're so cheesy it's sad."

"Maybe," he shrugs. "But hey, my cheesiness Somehow got you on a date with me."

"Somehow," I say quietly. Before I can stop him. Y/N gently take the necklace from the hands. "Y/N -"

"Just let me pay for the thing" he cuts me off.

"Fine."

After our little store look around and getting Kai a toy, me and Y/N both find ourselves hungry.

"There's a place right up here. They have everything," he says leading the way to the restaurant.

We end up at a place with a very simple look. On the roof was a sign that read 'Provisions

"This place is cool," Y/N says. "Me and my family would always eat here when we went to the beach." I smile.

Y/N has been much more open about his family since he visited his mom.

"That's really nice," I say playing with my new necklace now hanging
around my neck.

Y/N  and l order our food and takea seat. We talk about little things- music, our friends -We get our food
and everything. Within this first bite I can understand why Y/N's family used to eat here so much. It was amazing.

After me and Y/N fighting over the check for a few minutes we leave.

"Race you to the beach!" Y/N yells
childishly as I chase him to the beach.

I try to catch up but he still beats me. He stops at the end of the water and catches me as I try to slow
myself down. He wraps his arms around my waist as we both laugh.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I tease, still laughing.

"And you're still here with me, you know that?" He teases back as I roll my eyes. Then he decides to use his foot to splash me in the ocean water.

"Hey!" l immediately splash back. Before we knew it we were in a full on war. Splashing each other like we
were five years old. As we were splashing him. He suddenly loses his balance and falls down.

I Immediately start laughing like crazy.

"Haha," he says blankly. "Very funny." But before can reply to him he's grabbed my hands and pulled me down with him.

"Fuck you," I chuckle.

He laughs glancing at my lips. I return the gesture as he begins to slowly. Soon, our lips are connected and our lips move in sync. He moves his hands to the back of neck but as soon as she does that a huge wave comes and smashes us in the face. We immediately sit
up coughing but soon laughing.

"Well, I never thought I would kiss while laying down on the ocean." I laugh at the event that just occurred.

"What do you mean? This is just a regular Tuesday for me," he jokes making laugh some more.

We walk out of the water when I hear he sigh.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"We probably need to get going, so we can be back before our parents get home," he says. His words make me snap back into reality. Me and Y/N were
gonna be siblings and we couldn't do this.

"Oh, right" I sigh. "Our parents..."

"Hey, look at me," He says. I look at him in the eyes and he gives me a soft glance.

"It's gonna be okay. Don't worry about them, we'll figure something out
eventually."

"Yeah... we will."

We get into the car in silence,

"Today was fun," I say as he turns to me.

"Thank you."

His eyes return to the road. "Don't mention it. It was fun for me too."

After the long drive we finally return to our house seeing that our parents are already home. I look at Y/N waiting on him to tell me what we should do.

"Uh, if they ask, we went to Sam's house after school," he says.

I nod, "good idea."
When we walk in we are very surprised by what we see. What we see if our parents literally freaking out in
our living room.

"Whoa, what's going on?" He  asks just as lost as I was.

My mom immediately sticks up her left hand.

"We're engaged!" She cheers.

And it begins...

****

So first of all I wanna greet you a HAPPY 2023!, this is a another year for all of us! I hope you had a great holiday with your family and friends and yeah that's all for chapter 18 and I hope you enjoy reading it, I just finish the next 5 chapters of this story and I am near to the end btw sorry for the errors (but i am sure I check this before I publish it hshs)

Thank you!