SEVEN

|

|

TEN YEARS LATER

The Diamond of the Seven Kingdoms—Princess Jaehaera Velaryon.

The rumors say that men flock from far land and cross the sea just for one night to look upon her face. Her beauty was immeasurable beyond compare, and it was said that she could undo a man with just a look.

If not for her hand in marriage, high lords would beg for her to take their daughters as her ladies-in-waiting. If only in hopes that some of her beauty would rub off on them. However, she only accepted bastards as her ladies-in-waiting, by some odd, unknown pity.

Her home was said to be guarded by the magnificent beasts commanded by only those with Targaryen blood. Rumors ran amok that the mighty Cannibal had been tamed only by her beauty alone and she would feed him whoever she found unworthy of her love and affections.

So many rumors surrounded the mysterious and isolated family who lived on Dragonstone, not all of them true—but none more incredibly shocking than this; The tale was that Princess Jaehaera was immune to fire. That when fire touched her skin, it danced instead of burning flesh.

But, who could ever know if such a grand proclamation could be true?

The Heir to the Iron Throne, Rhaenyra Targaryen, sat in the grand hall of Dragonstone's Keep in a seat befitting that of her station. Her silver hair stood out plain for all to see amongst the black stone walls and her midnight black dress.

Beside her—Daemon Targaryen stood with the letter in his hand with the broken royal sigil on it. His expression showing little, if any, interest in the words scrawled on the page.

Signed, quite messily, by the King Viserys.

"My brother, it seems, wishes an audience with us," Daemon revealed, looking to his wife with an expression of displeasure, "More specifically, he wishes to see his grandsires."

With that, the couple turned their eyes forward toward the three standing before them.

Prince Jacaerys—tall and handsome, with a poise and charisma that naturally gravitated any toward him. His kindness and chivalry charmed many a lady, but, he was spoken for.

Lady Rhaena—beautiful and respectful, an inspiration to all young ladies in what it meant to be high-born yet know to be thankful for it all. She was still young and she missed her elder sister who she left back in Driftmark, dearly.

Prince Lucerys—the youngest of the three, yet the most worrisome. He was becoming handsome in his hears, following his brother naturally, and like his siblings, many had flocked for his hand in marriage as well. Though he found the attention embarrassing.