𝖙𝖜𝖔

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

deianyra was found by a guard and she, along with aemond, were dragged off to the castle. her hands trembled from the shock of earlier and aemond saw her torn dress and the soot that covered her face but she remained indifferent.

he quietly gave her the handkerchief in his breast pocket and she stared at it before taking it. her mother would have a fit if she saw her dirty like this so nyra made effort to wipe as much off her skin as she could. aemond could still see some dirt on her cheeks that she didn't get and because of her milky pale skin, dirt of all shades could easily be spotted.

"there's still some here" he nudged her cheek with his thumb and she nodded.

"thank you, uncle" he hummed.

"don't follow me again, do you understand? a lady shouldn't be in a dangerous place like that" she frowned.

"and what of you? who would know if you were dead in a cavern somewhere if you were to venture alone?" she huffed.

aemond gave her a look. "so should both of our bodies lay in that cavern? gods know you could barely run in your dress, much less fend for yourself to safety"

nyra felt a blow to her pride. "i'll have you know, uncle, questioning my character and my strength won't suddenly gain me those traits"

aemond's eyes narrowed at her and she shrunk back. "then you'll be exactly like your damn dragon. dead."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

rhaenyra heard word that her daughter didn't arrive along with the boys and she gave a stern telling to both luke and jace for leaving nyra behind.

"she may be your older sister, but we don't leave anyone behind, do you understand me? she is not trained to fend off for herself so keep watch on her as she does on you."

deianyra entered her mother's apartment and rhaenyra was holding the babe when she saw her oldest enter. already, the girl ducked her head at the feeling of her mother's eyes and when she gave joffrey to a maid, nyra knew she was in some trouble.

"sit, my girl" said her mother causing her to quickly go to the chair that was across the sofa.

rhaenyra inspected her for a second and took notice of the soot that covered her feet and some by her ears but her face was clean, indicating she tried to clean it as much as she could so she wouldn't notice. the bottom of her dress was also torn and covered with dirt.

"did you roll around on the ground of the dragon pit, nyra?" asked the princess. 

she shook her head.