The gig (where we met) - Maya Hawke

Start from the beginning

„Hi we're the Wallows and we're gonna play for you tonight. Oh well wait, I'm Dylan, this is Cole playing the drums, Braeden is our bass player and last but not least Y/n our guitarist well she's sort of just filling in. So if anyone's interested we've still got a free spot." he joked, earning a round of chuckles.

„Anyways enjoy what me and my buddies have created." I grinned as I started to play the first few chords.

We played a few songs, taking a break in between where the guys talked to random people who seemed interested in their music.

„-Anyways that's how we met and then we formed the band-„ Dylan spoke turning around when I walked past him, „where are you going?"

„Uh just gonna go out to smoke, you wanna join?" I asked, shrugging when he quirked up his eyebrow, but immediatly covered it up.

„I'm good. So back to what I was saying, and then with me acting it helped us get a plat.." he continued, his voice getting more distant as I walked outside.

I sighed, pulling my jacket closer to my body at the cold november weather. I lit my third joint of the evening-

huh maybe I have a bit of a problem.

As I leaned my back against the wall and puffed the smoke out, feeling myself relax. That was partially a reason I hated performing live, even with a small crowd like this I felt my anxiety creep up. I somehow knew I was good but still would overthink every second I was playing.

I gasped as my back got pushed forward and my joint hit the wet floor, immediatly rescuing it and drying it with the sleeves of my jacket.

„Are you daft mate, watch where-„ I started speaking annoyed to whoever it was that had pushed me.

My breath hitched as I turned around, bright blue eye connecting with mine immediatly.

„You might not want to stand in the entrance then." she scoffed, challenging back.

„Uh yeah right sorry." I apologised quickly and looking at my now dried joint, I shrugged and lit it up again.

„You know smoking that much weed, which I've seen you smoke in one evening, can't be good for you." she stated looking at it with disgust.

„Mhmm and who might you be to tell me what's good for me?" I shot back, not quite sure where this conversation was leading to and quite frankly wanting to end it.

„I'm just warning you." she said
„We'll I can take care of myself, thank you." I huffed out, switching my gaze to the street as I watched cars drive by.

„You don't have to be rude, just looking out for you." she said shrugging.

„Sorry I don't mean to seem rude, I just don't like people telling me what to or not to do." I answered, halfheartedly apologising.

„Don't worry, I understand with that shrunken brain of yours." she said, rolling her eyes as she passed by.

My mouth flew open, watching as the dirty blonde haired girl walked past me and over to her friends.

Huh what the fuck just happened

„No no, let's start over again. Hi I'm Y/n, now before you come over and judge me, get to know me luv, alright?" I stated, furrowing my eyebrows when I walked behind her and softly grabbed her arm.