𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow big day ey?" my brother asked taking his fork and sticking it on a sausage.

"Shut up" I answered with 0 effort. I knew what my brother was doing so I just started eating some scrambled eggs.

He just laughed as he continued eating. My mom came in with two glasses of orange juice, I could see she wanted to say something.

"So Rose..." she said handing us the glasses full of juice. I sighed and raised my eyebrows in a questioning look.

"Did you know you're in class with Luke, you know, he took advanced math clases with you in 7th grade. I'm also friends with his mom, Sarah" she said with the biggest grin on her face.

"Great..." I said nodding waiting for her to leave so I could whimper about it. I remember Luke, I had a crush on him for a period of time.

When my mom had left I bumped my head into the table letting go of my fork. I looked up at Albert who looked totally clueless.

"You know...Luke Campbell..." I said covering my face with one of my hands.

"What...Oh wait...Luuukeee, yeahh" he said teasing me in the most annoying way. I had told him about my crush in 7th but I mean, I was 12.

"Stop, I was 12" I said getting up and dumping whatever was left of my breakfast in the trash.

"Rose you barely ate anything, you do know theirs kids..." his voice faded as I headed to my room.

I continued listening to West Coast followed by other songs that made me go into my world. Then I heard knocking so I decided to raise the volume to it's highest point.

"Okay well I'm coming in" I barely heard Albert say. I sighed as I rolled up and closed my eyes.

As he said, he crashed in and quickly approached me and without hesitation he ripped my headphones off my ears and paused my song.

"Reflections? Seriously? It's the last day of summer Rose" he said looking at my phone as I squeezed my eyes closed avoiding everything.

I had had a bad start for the day, that was going to define my last day of summer, great. Luke...what about him?

"Hey cmon let's have a less depressing last day of summer" my brother said as he snapped his fingers in front of me making me snap out of thoughts. I raised my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"Let's do something fun, it's also my last day of summer" he said with puppy eyes that made me laugh. Albert jumped next to me.

"Nervous for school?" he said laying his back against a pillow. I stared at the ceiling thinking about my answer.

Was I nervous? I don't know...Albert is my older brother, I can be honest with him, yes. Oh wait, I'm nervous? No, no I'm not.

"Three hours later..." he said with a snoring sound. "No" I snapped.

He looked at me and put his arm around me making me get closer to him. All I could think about was my class, Luke...Would he remember me?

"Let's make a plan for today" Albert said breaking the comfortable silence. I looked at him and nodded in defeat.

"What are you wearing on the first day of school?" he asked looking at me. I thought for a second, shit, I didn't know.

"We have to go shopping" I said getting up in realization. Albert had a grin on his face but didn't laugh.

"Let's go, what are you waiting for dumbass?"' I said without any hesitation opening my bedroom door.

"What about if you get ready first? I mean at least dress up..." he replied bursting into laughter. I looked at myself realizing I was in my pijamas and hadn't even brushed hair. I looked at my brother and tilted my head to give him the signal of "get out".