No other remorse 1.

Aemond Targaryen x fem!reader
Word count: 2k

Summary: Aemond helps the reader through grief—hurt comfort (1/3)

An: The reader is not a targ but the house is not specified so it's up to you x

Warnings: Hotd type violence, ANGST, arranged marriages, death of a parent

Time seemed trivial as it passed these days. All it ever does it pass if only it happened quicker. Awaiting what exactly? Y/n wasn't sure but as she spirit broken, stared outside the window of her chambers into nothingness every advise ever given to her had something to do with passage of time. Time mends everything.

For a while it does, makes the suffering seem grey within the situation being less of a horror than her expectations it makes one forget the whims and remorse in the first place. Y/n thinks back to her time back at home wild and free as ever when she was told about her marriage fixed with Aemond it was much resented by her "You can't be serious! Aemond? Of all people you could marry me off to?" She remembers saying it to her father.

"I don't intend to marry you off-you're my only daughter but there's some things I can't escape myself from." even with y/n sneering at her father he had been calm and reasoning to her. You would expect that from a father to a motherless child who had to marry her to someone she didn't know of at all.

"Do not lecture me about duty again this certainly has something to do with your seat at the council doesn't it father?" with no burden to ever serve or bend to anyone but herself marriage was far off y/n's list. It was very so expected of her, she was aware. Running away wouldn't last her by herself much and however angry she was at the time she couldn't have done that to her father. Her only family.
"I would disregard a thousand council seats for you and as much as it pains me to say this...I don't have a say in this marriage either." For a father who never wanted y/n to lack for anything her entire life he didn't have the authority to disobey the royal order. A match the king saw fit said the hand, Otto Hightower well aware with the politics y/n's father knew it was the other way around.

So Aemond it was, Lord husband. Wedding ceremonies that went on for a week felt like attending her own funeral to y/n. She didn't speak much to Aemond the entire time neither did he. Until their wedding night or as y/n called it 'the dread'. Surprisingly enough Aemond's understanding shocked her. He refused to touch her until she willed for it. Sharing the bed that night as an accustomed necessity and the following nights Aemond didn't join their shared bed at the red keep.

It was melancholy at first, y/n never had any dreams any simple reader of knightly stories of the warrior who fell in love with the princess wouldn't have. She wanted the romance of a marriage, one that she didn't see after her mother passing. She wanted a love she chose herself with a prince or a knight or a shoemaker she chose. But someone she chose herself. The sparks of knowing someone like the back of your hand that you would be overcome with surety of spending the rest of your living days with them.

Well those naive girlhood dreams were behind here. A marriage forced upon her with someone she barely knew. However with time, Aemond wasn't a horror of a husband. She was adjusting to her new family besides all along her father was there with her. A sense of familiarity only listening to him going over council matters with her and sense the worry and remorse in his voice everytime Aemond was brought up. Y/n always told her father about being content with her marriage now, however she was not she didn't want her father to carry the weight of a situation that was unavoidable for him.

At public gatherings he stood by her, a presentable match they made. Other than that he never really bothered her much, there were some encounters some comments shared but not many milestones for a marriage of half a year. It takes time.