(1) /a

___
friend

set in 2020, lando's oldest friend finds herself heart broken and lando never wants to
see her like it again.
___

____

____

lando and y/n. y/n and lando. whichever way you put you always put them together. meeting the first day of secondary school lando and y/n have been best friends.

they were that close as friends that sleepovers were allowed because nothing was going happen, they were the purest platonic soulmates ever. that was all they were. platonic.

as time went on, puberty hit and bodies changed lando hated the word platonic. he'd had a plethora of thoughts and dreams about y/n that don't work in a platonic relationship. he soon started to fall for her and fall for her hard. he was hopelessly in love with her but couldn't do a thing. he loved her too much to make it awkward between them.

when he signed for mclaren she was most excited , more than anyone who knew him. it meant as much to her as it did him. he fought get her a job with mclaren and soon enough y/n was his press officer , working under charlottes wing.

lando regretted two things in his life, not telling y/n he didn't just live her ge was in love with and that ge fit t/n a job at mclaren. both lead to carlos and y/n , y/n and carlos. the garrage couple.

y/n had fallen for for carlos the moment she set eyes on him and lando knew what it meant. y/n was gorgeous inside and out, she could get anyone she wanted and lando knew that she would soon be dating his team mate.

it took carlos a couple of weeks to realise just how great y/n was and when he realised she was into him he didn't hesitate to ask her. it pained lando seeing her with him when it was all he ever wanted.

but he couldn't blame her carlos was great. they were perfect together, they looked like they should've been a couple. not only that they had loads in common but the biggest selling point was their shared love for lando.

it didn't take long for lando to realise that the entail view on them was just a front. he'd hang out with carlos all the time and he'd moan about y/n for hours on end but he'd never hang out with y/n. he hung out with y/n and carlos and just carlos but never just y/n. he hated that the most.

she'd call him every night at 10, when carlos was asleep. mostly crying about what carlos had done or said that day. lando very quickly realised that the only thing they had in common was him. it filled him with guilt. the root cause of all the pain y/n was going though was lando.

she'd mention multiple times to him how she wished carlos was more like him. how she wanted someone like him to solve her issues. he felt like saying 'why not me then?' but that would only cause more issues.

y/n l/n !
need you to drive me tommorow, don't want to go with carlos x

he looked at the notification strangely. even after all their many arguments they'd still travel together, they lived together it made sense.