white room

I walked up and down the waiting room. Obi Wan was on his way to report to the council but I couldn't leave Ahsoka alone now so I waited outside the room the doctors had pushed her into hoping for good news.

An hour later one of the doctors came out and was taking off his blood-stained latex gloves. Impatiently I looked at him. "I have some good news and some bad news for you, Master Skywalker."
"Say it already." I was slowly running out of patience. "Well, let's start with the bad. She lost a lot of blood and almost choked on her own blood because a broken rib got lodged in her lung. She also had an infected puncture wound on her side and a slightly older injury on her shoulder, which was torn open and makeshift stitched back together several times. Miss Tano should not have taken the exam like that." He looked at me accusingly for a moment as if that had been my idea. "I probably don't need to tell you about the numerous bruises but the good news is that she's going to pull through it and be fine in a few weeks."
My heart dropped and I let my shoulders sink to relax them.
"Thanks", I mumbled and walked past him into the infirmary.
Ahsoka was unconscious lying so small and fragile on the sterile white hospital bed.
Her shoulder was wrapped in a thick bandage and her face didn't look as banged up as it did a few minutes ago thanks to advanced medicine. I couldn't see the rest of the bandages and maybe it was better that way or I would have paid another visit to this scum who had done this to her.

I sat next to her bed for a while and watched as she breathed evenly and didn't seem to move otherwise until my comlink started beeping and Obi Wan asked me to come to the council. Not wanting to leave Ahsoka alone I called for Padme who fortunately agreed to stay with her while I was gone.
On the way to the council I went over all the events of the last hours and thought about what I should tell the council members. They probably already knew that I had punched Harvey in the face... I would have to listen to something else for that....