Chapter 19

A/N

I don't own the song mentioned here, but I do suggest listening to the song while reading the lyrics. It adds something.

Chapter 19

The door slams behind me as I sprint up the stairs and onto Natasha's floor.

"Natasha!" I yelp as I skid to a stop in her living room. "Help!"

She looks at me over the top of her magazine. "Is someone attacking?"

"No."

"Are you being chased?"

"Nuh uh."

"Then calm down and explain."

I take a deep breath and count to ten. "Do you know what tomorrow is?"

"July 12th."

"Which is...?"

"The day after July 11th and before July 13th?"

"Natasha." I groan. "It's our anniversary."

"Whose?"

"Clint and I. And I told him I had a dress and I don't and I need major help."

"I already knew that before today. But wait here, I think I have one that would look good on you."

I nod miserably and slump onto her couch as she disappears down a hallway. I idly twirl a piece of scrap metal between my fingers as I stress over the next night.

"Found it!" Natasha calls out, and she soon steps into the room with a dress bag slung over her shoulder. "Look."

My eyes widen. The dress is a beautiful purple color, with a dark eggplant sleeveless top that eventually fades to a lavender chiffon and ends just after my knees, longer in the back than it is in the front.

"I have no clue why I bought this." Natasha muses. "It's not really my style."

"What shoes go with it?"

Natasha glances at the dress. "Roman sandals, maybe. Something light."

I groan. "Can't I wear my combat boots?"

Natasha glares at me. "No! Come on, you need to look good for Clint."

"Clint will not care what shoes I wear!"

Natasha huffs. "I'm calling in the cavalry."