Chapter VII. No More Secrets

Start from the beginning

"He was going to take the throne"

Jaime nods "And he left his children and wife in my care and sent Daeron to the tower of Joy"

"The children are dead"

"I did not want those children dead, nor did I suspect they would be murdered. When father's men came into the hall, I was with the king's body. I could not leave. I saw the men moving about the castle, but I never considered they were about to kill Rhaegar's wife and children."

"Aerys sent his wife to Dragonstone, But Elia decided they needed to stay at the Red Keep, Daeron said Aerys doesn't trust her"

"That is how crazy Aerys had become. Aerys would not let them. He believed that Elia conspired with her uncle, Prince Lewyn Martell, to kill Rhaegar at the Trident, even though Lewyn also died there."

Jaime sighs "Elia and the children were Aerys' hostages. If he had let them go to Dragonstone, they probably would have lived and gone to Dorne."

"Yes, they would be alive"

"And Daeron sent me a raven about another child from another woman as I knew Rhaegar was dead. they killed them too"

Tears fall from me as I hear the story "Daeron told me that Rhaegar had a certain bond with each member of Aerys' Kingsguard. Arthur Dayne, Gerold Hightower, and Oswell Whent"

"Yes, we were loyal to him even after his death. King's guard to Rhaegar and the city watch to his youngest uncle Prince Daemion. So Lewyn Martell can definitely be considered a close confidante of Rhaegar and died by his side in the battle of the Trident. Ser Jonothor Darry also died with Rhaegar also Oswell dead"

I squeeze Jaime's hand "And you begged him to go"

"Rhaegar had some closeness with me as well. His last words to me 'When this battle is done, I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago but... Well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when we return.' He told me when I wanted to accompany him to the Battle of the Trident. he also said 'I left my wife and children in your hands'." Jaime looks at the water "I never thought father'd hurt them."

"Rhaegar was going to take the throne and have two women"

"Yes and that is the dream you will sing and play the harp, Rheagar on the throne and Daeron lord of Dragonstone and I'm Ser to one army. One army to the Seven Kingdoms not to the houses that will make the realm one" sighs "No one knows that just you. Not Cersei, not my family just you" he holds "Because I just figured out after father gave me a horrible plan" he smiles sadly "I love you"

I wipe my tears "I want to break my oath"

"Our wedding"

"No" he smiles "I love you too but I hide from you something and I swear an oath but you're honest to me and you have to swear to carry it to tell you"

Jaime nods "I swear by all the gods who I know and who I do not I'll carry it"

I hold his hand "The other woman had no one child"

"Daeron told you"

I nod "They were twins. They didn't die that day, Aegon and Visenya Targaryen lived" I laugh "You told me fate is very weird before and I believe it now" Jaime looks at me not understanding "You protected Rheagar's daughter, Ser Jaime Lannister and you give her your name and honored her" Jaime stares at me "Visenya my name is Visenya"

"Ned Stark protect both of you? Why? They say he ___"

"No, Rhaegar married Ned's sister Lyanna and Lyanna was hiding in the tower of Joy because they loved each other and she was with child"

Jaime angrily "All these people died because of nothing, Robert pulled them to their death"

"Yes and Lyanna dead giving birth, a fever take her"

"Maybe they are together now"

"Maybe"

"You have black hair"

I put my hand on the water take a lock of my hair and scrub it, and the silver hair appears "I have half silver hair and I use hair pigment"

"Like Rhaenys." Jaime moves his hand through his hair "We can't tell anyone, especially my family" I nod "All I need you, and our child is safe. No one will know the truth and I will forget what you said"

I take a rock and throw it at the river "You love me cause I heard you saying that"

"You love me too cause I heard you saying that too"

"What is your father's plan?" Jaime looks away "Take the child and kill me, right?"

"If you betray the family"

I laugh "Wow"

"I won't do it"

I nod "I know"

"I have to find a plan because our secrets changed everything" he looks at my belly "You child, we have to keep your mother safe"

I feel bubbles or tiny pulses in my belly, that is the first time "Oh" I put my hand on my belly.

Jaime worried "Are you hurt?"

I feel it again, I open my mouth "No no" I take his hand and put it on my belly "Talk"

"Okay"

The bubble happens again "I feel him but not strong enough"

"I can't feel"

I nod "Yes but every time you talk I feel it"

Jaime still has his hand on my belly "I'm your father" It happens again and I smile "I promise you, I will be better than my father" I put my hand on his hand "I promise, I will keep you safe, you, your mother and her secret to my grave" he looks at me "And I won't hurt you again" Jaime kisses my forehead.