Chapter 1

No one's POV:

The sun was blazing hot, sending heatwaves dancing throughout the mesa. It was around noon when the Sheriff returned to his town in the red sand and terracotta. But anyone can tell, even from a distance, that something was wrong. Unlike other sheriffs, strutting proud in highly, this one had his hat pulled way down and his mouth set in a firm line. The word 'Toy' repeating again and again in his head. 

When he reached the other side of the mesa bowl, he stood, hunched over, carefully regarding the the freshly placed chest under the snake in the boot build. After careful consideration, he decided to take the risk and open it.

He was slightly surprised at the fact it didn't blow up.

Inside the chest there was four stack of gold, a plushie, and a piece of paper. He put the gold into his inventory, delighted. He then picked up the plushie, disgusted to see it was a toy Jimmy. 

"I'm not a toy." Jimmy said through gritted teeth.

Angrily, he took the paper and read it. "Greetings fellow ruler. Do not harm this Toy Jimmy, for it is a special one. I have entrusted you with this plushie. Protect yourself with it, and do not let it fall in the wrong hands." The letter bore no name, no indication to it's origin. 

Jimmy placed the plushie in his inventory. He had no time to deal with this, this, rubbish. Right now, he needed to get to the creeper farm to gather the gunpowder for his new customer. But before he could finish the thought, he heard the sound of a firework rocket being shot. 

Scott circled a few times overhead before landing swiftly next to the young Sheriff, who was looking rather enviously and the ruler of Chromia. Seeing Scott up close in person, was something new to Jimmy. From a distance, he could tell that Scott was rather pretty, but seeing him up close, Jimmy began to realize how attractive the cyanette actually was. After Scott deemed Jimmy's staring to being a bit bothersome, he cleared his throat, snapping Jimmy back to reality. Jimmy struggled to form words, and it took him a few seconds to regain his composure. 

"I-I see tha-at y-your'e here q-quite early Scott." Jimmy managed to stutter, failing to wake up from his haze. 

"Of course Jimmy." Scott emphasized Jimmy's name, making the Sheriff flustered at the tone. "I wanted a little tour of Tumble Town." Scott continued.

Jimmy was confused. Tumble town? What's that? 

It took Jimmy a hot second to float back into reality. He then slapped himself mentally for being such a donut. How could he forget the name of his own empire? 

Jimmy smiled. "O-of course! How 'bout a tour after the trade?"

Scott seemed satisfied with the answer.

Jimmy then wondered how Scott got to his place without him sending directions. When he inquired, Scott gestured to the water tower, pointing out that it was hard to miss when in the air. Scott also mentioned that Katherine gave him a general direction to where Tumble town was, and that he already knew that it was in a mesa biome. So he put two and two together and found Jimmy's place for the trade.

Scott then tilted his head. "Speaking of the trade, can we get that done first?" 

Jimmy agreed, fumbling with a rocket, he shot into the air and headed towards the creeper farm, Scott trailing close behind him. 

Now Jimmy was not the most graceful of rulers, so upon landing, he somehow managed to face plant into the red sand. 

On the other hand, Scott was very fond of his reputation for elegance. The second he laid hands on his elytra, he'd train day and night, making sure to land gently each time. After gracefully landing next to the embarrassed Sheriff, Scott had a great time laughing. First at Jimmy laying facedown in the sand, then at the expression on the Sheriff's face. Jimmy was flushed red with embarrassment, and seemed to imitate an angry cat, sending Scott into another fit of laughter. 

"Haha, very funny." The Sheriff retorted, wiping the sand off his pants. 

Scott continued giggling. Jimmy rolled his eyes and walked to the double chest snuggle deep in the sand. Inside there was six stacks of gunpowder. 

While that was happening, Scott's laughter had subsided, and his attention was all on Jimmy. He seemed to be carefully looking at the Sheriff's backside. When Jimmy turned around to announce the six stacks of gunpowder, he found Scott staring at him. The Sheriff's reaction to this was a simple "Wot?"

Scott smirked, teasing Jimmy, he replied, "I was looking for a little string I could pull." 

Jimmy fully spun around, fuming. "I'm not a toy, Scott. I'm not a toy."

Scott was amused. "Mmmmhm, but what if I want to play with you Jimmy?"