Chapter 10: Chaos in the Mansion.

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile on his own, the masked demon slayer was running down the hall aimlessly. "I got blown away again! That damn demon has kept trapped in here for three days! It's pissing me off! Moving around in narrow spaces is not my style at all." Suddenly as reaches the end of the hallway, a massive hand comes around the corner trying to grab him, but he backflips right before it could touch him. The hand came from a large demon with one horn. "You dodged it. No human has such impressive reflexes or reactions. You will be a great feast." 

The masked slayer rushed towards the horn demon. "The bigger they are, the easily it is to chop off the head!" He slices off its arms rendering it unable to grab him. "You will be my first steppingstone to become stronger as I leave your body in the sun to rot!"

Beast Breathing: 3rd Fang 

Devour

He decapitates the demon and uses his corpse to leap and bounce through the mansion. "Pig Assault! Pig Assault!"

Elsewhere, the Drum Demon wonders the mansion hunting for the slayers and humans. "Rare Blood. Rare Blood. As long as I eat him... 50 people... No. 100 people's blood is worth it. As long as I devour humans with rare blood, I can reclaim my place as a member of the Twelve Kizuki." His right eye shows the number "Lower Moon Six" and an X across the eye.

(Flashback)

The Drum Demon was still eating a dead human, with Muzan standing before him. "Kyogai, can you not eat that human all the way to the bone?" he asked. "Is this your limit?"

"No. No! I can still eat more! I beg of you..." 

But Muzan was impatient and slashed his eye with the Lover Moon Six title. "Gah! Please! Please! Wait a moment! I just need a little more time..."

"Enough! Your incompetence will not be tolerated any longer. I am striping you of your number. This appears to be your limit. But I will compensate you with a portion of my blood. Go beyond this mansion, devour more humans, and I will consider giving you back your number."

(Flashback ends)

"Big brother Kiyoshi!" Teruko ran to her brother. He was about to beat the drum, but he just hesitates and hugs his sister. He then looks at Tanjiro. "Who... Who are you?!"

"My name is Tanjiro Kamado. I'm here to slay the demons. Let me tend to your wounds. You've been very brave surviving on your own." Tanjiro proceeds to tend the wound with medicine that Urokodaki gave them. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"The monster just grabbed me and retreated to this house. It had this look on its face. Like it wanted to eat me. And then, two other monsters came out of nowhere. They started fighting each other to decide who would eat me. And as they were fighting, the monster with the drums had one ripped off its body. It changes rooms ever time it beats. So, I've been using it to stay alive."

"Have any of the demons mentioned 'Rare Blood?' " 

"Yes! They all did!"

Then, Tanjiro's crow came out of nowhere. "CAW!!! A HUMAN WHO HAS RARE BLOOD IS CALLED MARECHI!" Kiyoshi and Teruko were spooked by the crow's ability to speak. "What exactly does marechi mean?" Tanjiro asked. "The blood of organisms has a classifying system you moron." The crow replied. "HUMANS WITH MARECHI IN THEIR VEINS ARE EXTREMELY VALUABLE! ESPECIALLY TO A DEMON!!! HUMANS WITH MARECHI CAN EQUAL FIFTY OR A HUNDRED HUMANS! MARECHI IS A DEMON'S FAVORITE!!" This information was so terrifying, it almost made Tanjiro unaware that Kyogai was coming. "Ok, I'm going over to the next room."