Element: H2O

~Cyrus P.O.V~ 

I was upstairs in the attic reading stuff I found in a trunk, the name on the side was 'Marcellus', the one my grandpa told me about 

"...your dead and dead and dead indeed." I read off one of the lines from the rhyme

"Not exactly the most uplifting reading material" I heard my papa's voice say

"There's a lot of old stuff in here" I said still looking down at the book 

"You know Cyrus, I'd rather you didn't play here actually" I look up at him "all the splinters and the dust" I just keep staring at him, splinters and dust? I like to climb on to rooftops, that's nothing "and the bats" 

"There aren't any bats, and if there were, I like them anyway" I said closing the book in my lap and putting it back in the trunk, 

"I've seen no evidence that your Uncle Elijah doesn't sleep here hanging upside down" he said making me smile and stand up 

"Was there a little boy who used to live here?" I asked already knowing the answer

"Come on sweetheart" he said holding his hand out, I take it and he leads me out, I wonder why he doesn't want to talk about it, grandpa told me they have issues and he's the one who keep papa locked away, but isn't Marcellus his son? I'm not sure I understand. 

~Time skip~ 

It was so boring here, there was nothing to do. I couldn't leave so I couldn't swim, I can't play with the critters outside, I can't get any fresh air. It's like I'm a prisoner. I go downstairs to get a cup of water when I felt something from it, it wasn't anything bad, but it was like it was drawing me in, like all the times I'm swimming. So, this time I decide to follow my instinct, I hold my hand out in a certain way and the water from the cup starts to float out, slowly.

 So, this time I decide to follow my instinct, I hold my hand out in a certain way and the water from the cup starts to float out, slowly

I was in control. I could feel how I was controlling the pace and direction. It felt amazing. One thing that threw me off was that the water was almost hitting the ceiling and the water never seemed to run out. I was about to test something else when I heard a shriek behind me, frighting me a bit. I whirled around breaking my concentration causing the water to fall onto the floor. Behind me was my parents. 

"W-what was that?" mama said with a shocked look on her face, papa was the same way

"I don't know, I could just do it" papa walked forward with a thinking face 

"Can you do it again?" his voice was soft, it made me feel safe. Without saying anything I turned back to the cup, I concentrated and waited until I felt that same pull, once I did, I extended my hand the same way and slowly like last time, the water started to float. Papa came into view walking up to the cup while I saw mama off to the side. Papa then slowly reached out his hand to touch the water. His hand made contact with the water and the look on his face was like he was in awe. 

"This is incredible" papa said turning to face me "Where is the extra water coming from?" 

"No idea" I start to put the water back into the cup

"How long have you been doing this?" mama said coming to the side of me putting her hand on my shoulder, I think for a second before answering her 

"5 minutes" they both look at me in shock

"It's only been 5 minutes and you can already control...whatever that was?" mama said in awe and pride 

"Mhm, I'm gonna go take a bath now" I said walking away from them going back to my room 

~Time skip~ 

I was in the bath playing with the water, it was the closest thing I could get to swimming, I suddenly got the idea to try out this water thing again with a little something else, I was going to try to make different shapes. Focusing on the water again it starts to float, I realized that I couldn't make shapes when it was still attached so I tried to detach it. It was pretty easy, slow, but easy. Once I made 3 separate water circles, I focused on just one, I think about the shape I want to turn it into, a triangle. It slowly starts to morph into a triangle but them shakes and breaks apart falling into the water. Sighing I move onto the other floating circle in the air and try again, like before it starts to morph into a triangle, it progresses further than before, I can actually see the shape now, but also like before it shakes and breaks apart. Moving on to the final circle in the air I focus even harder than before. The image is in my head. Triangle. Make a triangle. It starts to morph and after a second it finally morphs into a triangle. 

"Good job" I jumped slightly when I heard my grandpa's voice, I turned to the side, and he was leaning against the bathroom counter with a proud look on his face "when you'd learn to do that?" he asks motioning to the water

"10 minutes ago," I said making him smile and chuckle 

"Of course, is there anything you're not good at?"

"Yes, failing" he laughs throwing his head back, I like making grandpa laugh, he hasn't let himself be happy since he realized his mistakes. I know he still doesn't forgive himself for what he did to the family, but I'm going to make sure he does one day, and they're going to forgive him to, I know they will. It's not too late, you know what they say...

Better late than never

Word count: 999

How can Cyrus control water? Will he be able to control the other elements? Why now? Is something changing? 

Lol, I know I haven't posted in like 2 months, it's because I have major writers block on this one. I guess you could say my other stories are easier to write, I watched every season of TVD over and over, but TO I only watched it once, and when I did watch it over, I never finished. So, I forgot somethings about it. 

I do have to ask something tho, what is so special about the 'doll' the Klaus gave to Rebekah? The one he made for her when they were kids.

Spoiler: there will be other 'element' chapters, all the elements. The fire that Cyrus plays with doesn't count since that's hellfire, you would know if you watched 'chilling adventures of Sabrina'. He's going to have each element. Water, earth, fire, air. 

I'm not sure when I'll post another chapter of this, I might just skip to where the hallow takes over his body. Since this is all about him. Of course, there will be interactions with other characters, and other characters P.O.V but mostly Cyrus.

I'm super lazy if you guys haven't noticed already

Question: Do any of you watch Manifest? The one where flight 828 returns after 5 years? If so, do you like it, cuz I love it, lol. I'm excited for the new season. 

I'm going to post another chapter of my Harry Potter book; I'm really excited for that one. I promise I'll post when I can.

~~~~~~

TO does NOT belong to me

The ONLY character I own is Cyrus Mikaelson

Til next time....