Chap. 8

DDOT pov -

after the party we headed back to my place in an uber instead of going to y/n's crib. i had asked her to spend the night and she said that she would.

as of right now, im laying in my bed thinking of what i told her at the party.

was i ready for this?
did i even want a relationship?
should i be regretting this?

i had no answers to any of these questions, but i did know that i had to see jordan. to end things... of course. it was already too late right now, so i decided to worry about that tomorrow. i turned my phone on going on instagram and looked at people's stories.

"hey d." i hear from the other side of the room. i turn to y/n to see her smiling at me. she had a towel on, drops of water falling down onto it from her body, her hair was tied up so it didn't get wet. i just stared at her, she was so beautiful.

"what are you looking at?" she questioned. "you mami." i simply answered, my eyes still stuck on her.

"oh." she blushed. "well.. can i get some clothes?" she asked, rocking on her feet. "you already know where they at." i pointed to my drawers and closet before looking back at my phone.

she walked over to my drawer taking one of my boxers out, she put it on with the towel still glued onto her body. she went into my closet and grabbed one of my black hoodies to wear along with the boxers she had picked out.

once she was done getting dressed, she folded the towel and put it in the bathroom before walking back out.

she walked over to me, sat on the edge of the bed. "did you mean what you said at the party?" she asked.

i was reminded of my doubts from earlier but chose to give her the answer i knew she wanted. "yes." i answered, she looked in my eyes for a second before saying nodding.

i got out of the bed and went up to my tray to get one of my many rolled up blunts. i searched around for my favorite lighter, but i couldn't find it.

"i saw it in the bathroom." y/n said. i laughed remembering that i had put it there earlier today.

"thank you ma." i said back to her, before going into the bathroom to get it and lighting the blunt before walking back out into the bedroom.

i take a long hit... inhale... exhale. i instantly felt better about everything. this was an escape for me, i know i can always count on smoking to make me feel better.

i walked over to my bed and passed to blunt to y/n, who was sitting on the floor. she took a long drag aswell. i sat alongside her and we stayed silent for a few moments, passing the blunt back and forth before she spoke up.

"why did you start talking to jordan again, after everything she did?"

i took a moment to think before replying.

"ion know. i was attached to her real shit and after everything she did, i tried to hate her but i couldn't and in the end i went back to her." i answered honestly, taking another hit and passing the blunt back to y/n.

i could say that jordan and i were in love but we weren't.

she manipulated me, used me, cheated on me, and there's so much more, but i can't hate her and the reason is because at some point she made me feel at peace. so yes, i was attached.

"so why did you come to me that night?" she asked yet another question, her voice low as she referred to that night i found out that jordan had cheated on me.

"you were the first person that came to mind, the only person who i knew could help me calm myself down." i said to her, answering her question.

i turned my eyes towards to her see her slightly smiling to herself after i spoke. it was true, y/n's company brought me comfort.

we sat in silence for a little while longer before i spoke up.

"imma go brush my teeth." i told her. "yea me too." she said with the blunt in her hand. we got up to go to the bathroom, i grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth.

y/n already had an extra toothbrush at my crib so that's what she used to brush her teeth. once we were done we spit out the toothpaste and rinsed out our mouths.

"come lay with me ma." i told her as i was walking out of the bathroom. she went into the bed and i went to go put out the more than halfway smoked blunt that she had left on the tray.

i turned my head again to see y/n already under the covers waiting for me. i walked over to the bed and laid down with her.

we didn't touch, we just stared at each other. she looked at me and i looked at her.

"did you know i been jackin you since jordan and i broke up?" i whispered to her, but she could still hear me.

"really?" she asked, she looked surprised

"yea." i smiled.

"but nah, i didn't know d. i felt like you just flirted with me continuously, just to do it. you also gave mad mixed signals so i just let it be." she said to me, while shrugging.

she was sort of right, but the last couple of months she was all i could think about.

"oh." i said to her.

"yea." she said back before turning so that her back was faced to me. i moved closer to her and slid my arm around her waist, my stomach now to her back. she took my hand in hers.

i laid there looking at the window thinking i should try to make this work with y/n, even if i did have doubts about it. i just don't want to hurt her and i know i will at some point, i can't help that. but i should try to be happy with her at the moment.

after i seen that y/n fell asleep, i closed my eyes so i could do the same.
_____________________________________
words: 1090.

this was a short filler chapter.

imma let them be happy for a lil bit...

a shit ton happened this week n i almost got inna fight so my fault for not updating sooner 😭.

vote & comment!