Chapter 21: First Joint Op (AL Commander POV)

Magsimula sa umpisa

There was only silence...

"Zuihou?" (Admiral Tokomaki)

"Ye-yes! Erm... Right now, they are still fighting. There is a Battleship Princess at the rear. Accompanying it are Tsu-classes, Wo-class, Nu_class and a couple of Re-class." (IJN Zuihou)

A small girl with brown hair in green miko uniform spoke. So that's Zuihou, the one Enterpirse and the others kidnapped while trying to figure out where they were.

"What about Siren numbers?" (Admiral Tokomaki)

"All mass-produced vessels. I don't see any humanoid Sirens." (IJN Zuihou)

"So it's a war of attrition. The Sirens are probably trying to overwhelm the Abyssals by continuously spawning. Preliminary investigations suggest a gate somewhere in their midst."

"I'm sorry. A what?" (Admiral Tokomaki)

"Put it simply, a portal for the Sirens forces to go through. But that would mean an Elite has to be nearby as well." (Enterprise)

"Either that, or they have some kind of construct that can do just that. The situation has changed drastically."

"With Nagato out of the picture, I'm sure Akagi can finally unleash all of her plans in full force." (Enterprise)

"There were blueprints to build a large battleship with such capabilities. But Nagato-sama did not approve of its construction. She also personally tore and destroyed it before leaving." (Kawakaze)

"<Hello? Can we get some subtitles here please? I can't for the love of god understand what you people are saying."(Colorado)

Enterprise massaged her forehead,

"<Colorado, please.> (Enterprise)

"<Alright alright. Enough talk. Let's do this.> Akiyama, on your signal." (Admiral Tokomaki)

"On my mark." (Admiral Akiyama)

"<Standby.>"

Enterprise readied her planes. Nagato and Colorado aimed their guns while Laffey, Shiratsuyu and Kawakaze prepped their torpedoes.

"Now. Begin the operation!" (Admiral Akiyama)

"<Wipe them out!> Fire!"

Enterprise launched her planes in quick succession. The Helldiver and Devastator squadron, accompanied by their Hellcat fighter escort flew over the horde of Sirens and Abyssals. There were explosions in the air and on the water as the opposing air fleet tried to regain air superiority. Balls of fire filled the battlefield and black metal debris flew sky high as the Siren ships were blown to bits by Enterprise's attacks. The aircraft sent out to intercept her planes couldn't a stand a chance and were simply shot down and exploded mid-air.

There is heavy breathing from the other side of the radio.

"Akagi, Kaga, you two alright?" (Admiral Akiyama)

"Zuihou, Hiryuu, Souryuu, fall back behind Yahagi and Agano. Yamashiro, take point." (Admiral Tokomaki)

A disgruntled girl in white Japanese ceremonial outfit went in front of the three carriers. She was sporting four 41cm guns and a flight deck,

"Using me as the meat shield, I see." (IJN Yamashio)

"Oh, please. You know very well I don't see you like that." (Admiral (Tokomaki)

The Akagi on the other side clutched her chest as she struggled to breath. A girl with black hair tied in a ponytail on her right side was trying to maintain her composure as her face turned pale. I'm guessing that's Kaga of this world. Hiryuu and Souryuu are sweating profusely while the small one has already made herself even smaller.