What's Rococopunk?

Talk about a punk genre that doesn't get attention. Rococopunk started way back around 2012-2013, mainly as a fashion trend at conventions. Cosplayers looking for something different and fun took to mashing the high-up, powdered wigs and frills of France's Rococo-Baroque era with modern punk looks, and, voila, new punk! 

Now as far as it goes, Rococopunk has stayed mainly in the most niche corner of aesthetics. Cosplay, not really out there as a genre in terms of stories save for one or two on Wattpad (I think). But as one obsessed with the punks, I'm here to change that. I've got a world in mind that needs exploring. It's Rococopunk, which due to the timeline could best be viewed as a sub of clockpunk, which falls generally in the Baroque Period that preceded the Rococo, both being about highly detailed, bright, ornate, natural artistic interiors and dress. That's a genre Wattpad and Oorah! have covered well. But e focus more on the aesthetic overdoing of art, clothing, and makeup! It is to clockpunk's technicalities what decopunk is to dieselpunk in the alt-20th centuries floating out beyond.

If you Google it the search is brief. But I'm hopeful in starting this as a literary thing and growing it. Say no to the bland! Say yes to Rococopunk!

Oh! There is a Rococopunk band. The Dandy Highwaymen. Now you know. I'll leave their link:

https://dandyhighwaymen.com/

Now you have an idea of it. After this, a story that will take you to the world called Chandelier Excellence, and its struggles. Enjoy.