"i'm fine! just excited is all, i'm not dyin'!" her blue eyes rolled at the dramatics and the heart monitor slowed down. that crazy woman felt she could handle anything.

eve went to school that monday excited but nervous as hell to ask her friends to her dinner party, well... lou's dinner party. being as she had already met eddie, that much was okay in her mind. it was robin and steve who were a bit eccentric and where evelyn adored that about them, she never knew how her grandmother would react to anything(even though she gave her no reason to do so).

persuading robin to go was almost too easy, wanting any excuse to be able to get out of her boring house. her family was amazingly normal, almost too much so. she needed excitement and she knew that if steve and eddie were in the same room, it was sure to be an interesting night.

now, getting steve to agree was another battle she wasn't prepared to fight, so evelyn had the buckley girl talk to him. she had a feeling that they were an item, or something of the sorts, but it was none of her business. if they wanted her to know, they'd tell her!

later that afternoon, evelyn stopped at her locker and a note fell out, fluttering its way to her feet.

'meet me at our spot
e'

the girl smiled to herself as she put the paper to her nose. it smelled of him and she had become quite fond of his scent. the aroma of cigarettes used to disgust her, but now... now it reminded her of love.

she closed her locker with a lovely sigh and made her way out the doors and to the picnic table where they had rendezvoused over a month ago now. the crisp fall breeze brought a slight chill up her spine, but it was a welcomed one. leaves crunched beneath her combat boots as eve trekked through the bare trees and she finally spotted the old bench.

eddie was nowhere to be found, so the brunette sat upon the splintery seat and took out a book to read while she waited. she was so invested in it that she didn't hear his footsteps creeping up on her...

"boo!" eddie grabbed her sides from behind and she flung her reading material in the air, lost to the leaves now. 

"eddie! seriously? every time?" she really did try to be mad, but the face she was met with dispersed any malice towards the boy. he was wearing his signature grin with the company of the dimple on his left cheek. his eyes were as glittery as they were dreamy, full of sweet chocolate along with the brunette curls that framed that pretty face of his.

how could someone look so beautiful without even trying, she thought.

"i like to keep you on your toes, sweetheart. y'never know what kind of psychos are roaming through these woods." he pulled eve's body close to his, his mouth dangerously close to her ear. his breath hitting it sent another shiver through her body, but it was anything but cold.

eve laughed, trying her best to seem unconcerned with his closeness, "what, like you?"

"exactly like me," eddie pinched at her sides, making her squeal.

he engulfed her in a big hug from behind and they savored the moment before it was gone. they stood like that for what seemed like both an eternity and only a minute before she turned around, still in his grip.