7-Beautiful dress ugly scars

Savannah's pov

As we entered the shop a short girl with a white uniform came forward to help us out, "hello ma'am good afternoon, what kind of dresses would you like to try and of whose size" Mrs Parker gestured towards me and replied, "dear please show us the best for my son's bride over here, and get all kinds of designs you have. Do not worry about the price please."

A few minutes later she took us to the trial room with many options to select and check the fitting. I had no sense about designs and styles so I said, "Mrs Parker can you please help me choose the wedding dress as I'm clueless about what will suit me." She gave a long look and I feared that I said something wrong. I was about to start apologizing but she pulled me into yet another hug I hugged her back instantly not wanting to miss any of her warm embraces.

She smiled and said, " ofcourse honey I'll love to help you come I'll pass you on the best dresses, you try them and then we will decide" I followed her like a lost puppy. She gave a dress and I started pulling it on when I suddenly realised it had no sleeves. I called her, "Mrs Parker this dress is sleeveless" she replied from the other side, "yes honey hurry up I can't wait to see you in this dress, you will look beautiful." I was now fully alert of my scarred hands, how will I hide them.

She asked again, "is everything fine there dear?, If you feel uncomfortable to come out just open the door a little I'll peek through that." I knew i had no chance escaping I didn't wanted to break her heart, snatch her excitement so I opened the door a bit and pulled her in. The changing room was big to fit atleast 5 women together.

She looked worried at my little stunt now but before she throws questions at me I explained."Mrs Parker I don't know why but I feel like I can trust you to share this and hope you never let this secret out of this changing room" she gulps and accepts in a meek voice. I remove the top so she can have a better view.

She gasped lightly and moved her fingers through my skin. It didn't hurt anymore but her cold fingers made me shiver. Her eyes turned glossy and I said, "I'm sorry I won't be able to wear sleeveless, if you can please select something else." She gave a nod and left. A beautiful dress with long net sleeves, round neck and small pearls was selected and fitted according to my size. We bought it and left the shop.

Mr Parker was waiting outside with his car he came forward and informed his mom, "I'll be taking Savannah with me." His mom gave a half hearted smile, touched my cheek and left in her car. I felt bad that I spoiled her day but he interrupted, "how was dress shopping? Did you enjoy?" I replied, "yes Mrs Parker is a lovely soul I enjoyed a lot thank you."

After few mins of silence and silent glances I remembered about Rihanna and my face fell, the day is almost over and I haven't yet invited her for the wedding tomorrow. He noticed and asked, "is everything okay? Did anything happen between you and mom?" I replied hastily, "no no I was thinking about my best friend she doesn't even know I'm getting married tomorrow and I wanted to invite her."

"Okay then you can call and inform her now" he suggested. "I don't have phone and her number also, I have to go in person to invite her" I replied broken at the situation. He asked, "you really don't have a phone?" I nod at that and he continued "tell the address we will both invite her" I felt relief and have directions.

We invited her and she was very angry but she gestured "we will talk later about this". She agreed to be the maid of honor and I was feeling ecstatic. Finally I hugged her and she whispered everything will be fine. We left and stopped outside my house.

Mr Parker came out took my hand and kissed the back of it. That was the first time someone kissed me. I blushed at that thought and he motioned towards the door saying, "its our big day tomorrow, you should have your beauty sleep." He said bye and waited till I entered the house I waved and closed the door.