5-Scared but strong

Savannah's pov

It's been hours I'm perched on the edge of my mattress thinking how the events turned upside down within a blink of an eye. As always I was in no control of my own life. I hate to admit this was the first time I was a bit relieved about how things turned out to be. Even if I'll get tied to a complete stranger I'll atleast be out of here for good.

There are a lot of disadvantages to this commitment but I would like to focus only on the merits to finally have my freedom. After pondering on this for hours I finally decided to focus on better things which in this case are my studies. So I did exactly that, I started preparing for my exams.

Rihanna's elder cousin opted for the same subjects as us and so he used to pass on his books to Rihanna for reference. Though she and her cousin have a love-hate relationship, she swore she will never use his references and books. That's where I asked if she can pass them to me.

After few hours I dozed off and this time I had a different dream. I was getting beaten up by my mother for leaving the mess in the kitchen. I was shaking terribly because of constant kicks and punches. Suddenly a light appeared freezing both of us in our spots.

There entered through the light was Mr Parker. He came and saved me from the beatings, he held me close and threatened my mother to never hurt me again. I was grinning like an idiot but suddenly a loud voice pulled me out of my deep slumber.

Someone's knocking at my bedroom's door. I hastily got up and opened the door. Julia entered and said, "come down to have breakfast. Everyone's waiting at the dining table for you, hurry up" and she left. I was shocked and scared that she invited me to have breakfast with them.

Yes I agree it was a bit rude but still this would be my first time, and then it clicked I woke up late and didn't cook anything. I didn't waste anymore time, rinsed my face and left for kitchen.

The small table was full with dishes like pancakes, cereals, toast, sandwich, milk, juice, eggs, bacon and sliced apples. These many dishes were unusual on a normal day. I dread whatever is awaiting on this table. I took a seat beside Julia which was unoccupied across mother.

Father looked up and informed slowly like he was scared his voice will betray him, "you are expected to fulfill your duties and obey whatever Mr Parker says. You will have to sign a contract, you can't divorce your husband till your death, you can't leave him and you can't try and run or disappear from the states. Get ready and pack whatever you require to take along." I was trying to digest the new information but mother interrupted, "start eating, rest will be discussed later" and with that the topic ended.

I hurried back to my room once I was done eating. As I got ready I descended the stairs quickly to attend the remaining lectures for the day. But when I opened the door my mother stopped me, "you can't go to the university today, stay home and ask for the notes later." I didn't argue as I knew the consequences.

Rihanna would be worried about me but she is used to me being absent some of the days. The days I got beaten up harshly which left no strength in me to attend classes. But if tomorrow is my wedding I want to inform her, talk to her, invite her as my bridesmaid. Though the wedding isn't my choice but I know it's only gonna happen once.

I would try and talk to father if I can go to her house and invite her personally but for now I should study as I have nothing better to do. Few chapters later the door opened and I got startled. Julia was throwing daggers at me, "get ready and leave, Mr Parker is here to take you with him" and she left. I don't know why she can't speak softly always rude and cold.

I was confused where is he talking me but who am I to question so I walk downstairs. He is wearing a black suit waiting eagerly at the door. He gestured towards the door, "let's get going, after you." I stepped outside the house and he followed me. We sat in his car and left for the destination.