1-Usual you nothing new

Savannah's pov

The sharp blaring of my alarm sounds through my small room and wakes me up instantly . I got up from my bed which is a single mattress with crimson colour dried on some parts that can't be washed and I don't put the efforts to do so.

I do my usual routine of cleaning up and washing myself as softly as i can, taking little care of the burns, scratches and cuts that decorate my arms, legs, thighs, back, stomach and very tiny ones littered across my whole body which doesn't even hurt anymore. The only part of my body safe from those ugly permanent tattoos is my face which I'm glad for.

After choosing a grey hoodie with black track pants i get ready for the day ahead, a single brush of my fingers in my long straight waist length hazelnut hair. I always keep them down to hide my face and it worked well for students other than my bullies.

I took a walk to my university which is around 15 mins away. I can always take the bus there but i want to save as much as I can to pay for the apartment I'll rent after leaving this house. As soon as I reached my class I tried to avoid everyone and occupy the farthest seat near the window.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when someone yelled loudly beside me. After five years of strong friendship I have got used to this everytime-ritual. Rihanna, the beautiful, bubbly, extrovert and straightforward girl that entire class envies because of her looks and grades.

"Hey savyyy I missed you so much. How are you today? You know what happened yesterday? my mum once again went to one of her kitty parties and dad was as usual at office. I was bored to do nothing but then my little brother Evan decided to help me with my loneliness. He went all out and created a mess for me to clean which took three hours and-" she stopped midway and I realised maybe the professor has finally arrived.

Rihanna whispered to me "are you okay? you didn't reply to any of my rants today and didn't even smile as you usually do. Is everything fine?" Feeling terrible for being a bitch to her I looked her way, gave a small smile and said, "I didn't reply because that's usual you nothing new".She gave a full blown smile and nudged her shoulder with mine. I am lucky to have her she is a blessing for sure.

The class was good I understood almost every aspect explained today. I am doing masters in business which was against my will but i learned to like it with time. Now I'm pretty happy with my studies and grades. I have excelled with time.

I and Rihanna are the first one to sprint out of the class as she is hungry and I need to use the restroom."Meet me at the cafeteria I'll order us some food till then". I hurried towards restroom knowing she would understand and I would join later.

After reaching our cafeteria I plopped down in front of Rihanna eyeing vanilla shake and burger that she must have ordered for me."Reeh this is too much food for my small stomach why do you always order extra" I complain with a huff. She laughs and replies "because that is the minimum you should intake at least once a day Savyy. Please have as much as you can rest I will finish."

We left together and she dropped me off at a distance. I start walking back to the hell hole that's particularly my house. As soon as I entered, a loud crash startled me. I started praying to whoever up there is watching this unfold.

A piercing scream rattles through the walls of our small hall."You bitch why are you late today. Go and cook food I'm hungry. And get it soon or I'll punish you better than last time" yelled my so called drunk mother from across the room.

I cooked for the three of them and left it on the table as soon as I heard the door opening. That means he is back he won't spare me if I stay down so I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room for the meantime.

733 words

Hope you like this chapter.
Comment your views!!!