"You're marrying the heir to the Iron Throne." Michayl mumbled, all three boys standing around each other and speaking softly. "Does that not mean her place is in King's Landing? How are you to rule Alterwoode if you are not here."

"That will be sorted out when it comes closer to the time."

"Brother, your wedding is two moons away. We are already close to the time." Calym muttered, as Malkym turned to him. "The lords are asking questions already. Father fielded them away, saying that you were not needed back as he was st-"

Calym trailed off, his voice cracking as he took a deep breath.

"Father made sure that you were safe, that you could stay in King's Landing, but you are Lord now." Calym finished. "Your place is at home."

"Do you not think I know that?" Malkym questioned, cocking an eyebrow. "I am working it out, brother, alright?"

"I-"

"Calym." Malkym stopped him, before tugging his brother into a one armed hug. "Do not fret. I am here, I will sort it."

"I know." Calym sighed, looking down. "I am just worried. Mother is ill, and if you are in King's Landing, then it falls on me."

"It does not fall on you. It is me. I am lord, I will take care of you and our house, both of you." Malkym turned to his youngest brother as well. "I have had training, father has prepped me for what is to come as has the Small Council of King Viserys."

"Will we be sent away? If you are here, it is not good that both of your brothers are here as well." Michayl muttered. "Will we also have to leave home?"

"I am not going to throw the both of you onto the streets." Malkym shook his head, walking back towards the main keep. "You are my brothers. We are related, and mother would kill me."

The trio laughed quietly, before Malkym patted both of their backs.

"You can stay, as long as you wish, I will not throw you out. Though, you might be returning to your betrothed's home."

"We are second and thirds sons." Calym pointed out. "We marry second and third daughters, you are the eldest, which means you married the highest of all of us."

"Yes, marrying the princess definitely put a lot of pressure on us." Michayl joked softly. "Father was very proud of that. He sent you away, and you were unwilling to marry, then nine months later he receives a letter from the king, informing him that you are to marry the heir to the Iron Throne. Mother thought he would faint when he received that letter. He was so proud."

"We're not sure how you managed it."

"The famous Thorne charm." Malkym muttered. "She thinks I am funny."

"Did she hit her head?" Malkym shoved both of them, as they entered the castle.

"Go on, off with you." He shook his head. "I have things to do. We're in a period of change, and I need things to go smoothly."

✧✦✧

Malkym had spent the better part of two weeks meeting with lords, sorting out his lordship duties and reaffirming his place as head of Alterwood and Lord of the Thorne house. It had been long and pressing and draining, leaving Malkym shattered. He wished that he had time to write a letter to his betrothed, but he had not even had time to properly eat, let alone sit and write a letter.

He had heard from her, she had told him that all was alright, she was planning the final touches for their wedding and speaking with her father on the issue of what would happen now that Malkym was Lord of Alterwoode. He had been glad to hear that she was alright.