☼Chapter 33 [The Revelation]

Start from the beginning

I thought it would be awkward to hear your mother talk about stuff like that but it wasn't awkward in anyway. In fact her words felt comforting, "mom do, do you forgive him?"

She nodded her head, "I've always liked that boy and he never fails to prove to me that he loves you...no matter what."

I laughed, "no matter what."

My mom's gaze fell towards Aiden and I turned my head to see him lock gaze with my mom as if they were in some sort of mind communication.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone," my mom said as she stood from her seat, "I'll have to call your mom," she smiled at Aiden.

"Thanks, Mrs. Cassidy," he said in a sleepy tone before giving her a warm smile.

I followed mom as she went out of the room before returning my gaze back at Aiden who was now trying to sit up with the aid of his uninjured arm.

"Asia we need to talk."

My heart thumped against my chest, "damn it Aid, don't ever start a conversation like that."

He laughed but remembered that his body still hurt, "err, yeah but I think it's time you finally know the truth."

The truth? I stared at Aiden who was now looking at me with his eyes filled with sadness. Was it right to feel nervous and excited at the same time? To finally be able to know what happened? I sat beside him and reached my hand so our fingers entwined once again.

~

Well it started as a beautiful summer afternoon, we just finished our favorite ice cream, yours was of course strawberry and mine was Pistachio. I know, your most hated flavor.

"Asia, remember your end of the dare," I said, putting on my most prized leather jacket.

You beautiful smile turned into a frown, "can we just forget about it? You know I really hate motorcycles," you said with a pout.

"And you know how much I adored rollercoasters!" I replied with sarcasm, "I did my end of the deal Asia, it's your turn."

"I have a bad feeling about this," you muttered as you dragged your feet towards the motorcycle.

You kick the side of the motorcycle, your arms crossed across your chest, "what if I don't get on?"

I raised my brow, "I'm going to kiss you-"

"OH MY GOD AIDEN SKIP TO THE IMPORTANT PART!" I screamed as I hid my face behind my hands.

So okay I decided to carry you so you would ride the motorcycle. You wore a beautiful sun dress with a light shade of blue. You smelled like strawberries like you always do.I smiled in victory as I put on a helmet on your head but you were so stubborn, you didn't want to wear it, "you want me to enjoy this ride? I won't be able to do so with this thing on," you said.

I tried to convince you but well I also wanted you to ride the damn motorcycle. I thought you would enjoy the exhilarating feeling, most especially when your hair gets tangled as we dash through the wind. I thought I was giving you the best day of your life.

We drove through the highway and I was so thrilled to hear your screams of enjoyment as you raised your hands up in the air. Your giggles and laughter were so contagious, so I drove faster, through the clover fields and to the setting sun.

Soon you wrapped your arms around my waist and laid your head against my back, "I love you Aid," you shouted. I felt elated of course but I wasn't expecting that, that would be the last 'I love you' I would hear from you.