Chapter 5

Barbara's father walked into the ward, eyes widening at the empty bed Macy had just lay on an hour before.

He beckoned a nurse

"Sorry, please may I ask where the little girl lying over there went to?"

"oh, yes, she left few minutes ago with her mum"

"is that so, did they say anything?"

"not at all"

"but you let them go?"

The nurse smiled

"the girl is better now, so there was no reason to keep her"

"but the principal needed to..." Mr Jones stopped himself

"Nevermind, thanks"

The nurse nodded and went her way.

Barbara's father heaved a sigh. The day's event seemed to be turning in a strange way.

He knew in his gut that the little girl exhumed a kind of aura, and then coupled with the fact that her mum had an uncanny resemblance to someone he knew in the past. Yet, he couldn't fathom it out.

Now, he needed to see them face to face. He glanced at his daughter's lifeless body on the clinic's bed, it wasn't only about her now. It was also about something supernatural that was connected to him, and he needed answers.

With that thought, he walked out the ward.

*****

Elisia sat across her daughter, stealthily watching the girl's eyes closed shut, mumbling incoherent words, words that seemed to quench life from everything.

The room was too quiet, no chirping birds, no cricket sound, no background russle. And yet, Elisia couldn't pick up anything Macy was mumbling.

Few minutes ago when they walked into the room, she wanted spanking her child, wanting her to feel the pain and confusion in her mother's heart.

But the whole idea evaporated when Macy walked to the center of the room, squatted and fell into trance.

Elisia wanted grabbing her, shouting and cursing on what devil had come over her. But the energy the room dissipated immediately Macy began her prayer, made Elisia stay on her own.

Now, she watched her daughter, waiting for her to wake herself up from whatever she was doing.

And just then, Macy's eyes opened with a lime green light.

****
Grantel stood at the door, having acknowledged the principal's call.

He looked from one face to the other, taking note of the expression on Barbara's parents faces. While the principal adjusted his glasses

"come on in boy"

"you called me sir?"

"yes I did," the principal replied

"I want you to take Mr Jones to Macy's house"

"I'd come with him" Mrs Jones volunteered

"No! You stay with our daughter, or better still go home... I can take care of situations" Barbara's father said

"I'm not doing that, I want to see that possessed girl and her mother!"

"to do what then, cause trouble and escalate the problem? No way!"

"but I..."

"Let's go boy" Mr Jones took Grantel by the hand as they walked out, to the dismay of Barbara's mum.

She looked at the principal, and he did the same.

****

Macy walked around the lily grove,with her raven in hand.

The Grove held such beauty to behold. The place spoke of sacredness, but she was still in dilemma and needed to understand why she was there.

Just then, an old man appeared before her, he was the same man she had previously met.

Now, he stood watching her, just like any old man, waiting for her words.

"Hello, sir" she found her voice

"My child"

Macy noticed the man had white teeth, like he had never chew anything in his life. Unlike the old men his age who took on brown and ragged teeth to show they'd ate (walked) upon the earth.

Aside this, she also mind marked the vigour he had. Old men his age bent over, and spoke with rasp voices but his words were clear and his stature, beautiful.

"Why does it feel like I know you, and yet, you're not familiar"

The old man gave a hearty laugh

"Time is like a light. It shines in those places that are dark, and reveals that which you know not of"

"what is dark?" Macy childishly asked

The old man looked at her for a while

"Do you know who you are? Or the power you wield?"

Macy swallowed

"I don't, all my life I've never known me, I only live by what I grew up to know"

"Then it's time you did"

Just when the old man said this, a young man appeared holding a red staff, he looked startled but yet sane.

He walked a few inches to where Macy and the old man stood, and then he fell on his knees, his eyes not leaving Macy.

"Sacerdos Wimbledon!"

Macy looked to the old man, he held her gaze

"You are the priestess of Wimbledon"

Just when he spoke, Macy opened her eyes to see a man on his knees, but not in her trance anymore. The man was at her doorstep, and Grantel stood over him.

She realized it was Barbara's father.

***

Author's note: Enjoying the reading? Add to your library

Psst: How do you feel about having a magical wand as a birthday gift? I know I'd summon a bucket of sweets if I did, Lol

XOXO ❤️