𝟬𝟭𝟮. offical statements

Start from the beginning

lewishamilton: half of the comments in this section are hard to read. how a lot of people can't understand that this is wrong is worrying. this should never happen to a driver, let alone anyone else in the paddock or stands. this is not the first time an assault had been mentioned surrounding f1, it just happens to be the first one that has been an attack on a driver. and alicia is one of the bravest people i know for even finding the courage to speak out, things need to change for the safety of women in our sport and if it doesn't we should be disgusted with ourselves that we let assaults happen right under our noses.
[ aliciahugo and 1,009,928 other users liked this comment ]

the comments on this post have been restricted by williamsracing

liked by: alex_albon, williamsracing, zhouguanyu24, oscarpiastri, lewishamilton and 4,562,728 others

aliciahugo: my life has changed since that night in zandvoort, where i thought i was safe enough to simply go for a walk. i was wrong. and some will say i should have known better, walking down the street with no lights late at night. they'll say i was the one who was wrong, they'll focus on that instead of the fact i was assaulted.

my life is different now. i think of what i did wrong to deserve this?

i'm still not ready to talk about it. and i don't know when i will be ready.

view all 55 comments.
aliciahugo has comments limited.

summer_media: you're my strongest girl 💗 you know we have your back all the way 💙

alex_albon: anyone who has anything to say can suck it 👍🏻 had enough of people asking for evidence from you when you owe them nothing. you've got me whenever you need me licey 💗

carlossainz55: people never fail to amaze me alicia, just know you may feel alone right now but you truly never are.

view more...

lily's bf:

LILY'S BF:i didn't know you wereposting statements today

LILY'S BF:
i didn't know you were
posting statements today

BEST TEAMMATE:
yeah me neither alex

LILY'S BF:
???

BEST TEAMMATE:
they didn't tell me either
they posted their statement without my
knowledge
so then i had to write a statement
that i wasn't really ready to

LILY'S BF:
why ???

BEST TEAMMATE:
summer said the guy was about
to go to the press with it
idk why
and frankly i don't want to
i just want that guy to rot
you know i'm not the only one from that weekend

LILY'S BF:
some people are genuinely sick

BEST TEAMMATE:
yeah

bae:

BAE:do you wanna take a walk and talk?

BAE:
do you wanna take a walk
and talk?

BAE 2.0:
idk lewis
it might be better if i'm just alone tonight

BAE:
you know that's not true

BAE 2.0:
believe me
you don't want to be sat
with a crying mess
i think i just need a lot of time
i'm not just going to suddenly get
over it
so if i just think about it

BAE:
text me the second
it gets too much

IT WAS ALL TOO MUCH. The forced statement, the sentences she could barely put together. Why did this have to happen to her?

It was all too much. The pressure to have to talk about it, to be this voice that spoke out so soon. Why couldn't people understand that she needed time to herself?

Alicia was constantly beating herself up over that night, the images of the nights engraved in her mind. She couldn't sleep at night without at least waking up once or twice to his face towering over hers.

Why wouldn't this go away?

And why was she in this mindset that ignoring the problem made it go away?

How does she heal from this? How does she move on?

Alicia didn't know where, but she was going to find answers to these questions and she was going to get the help she needs. No, scratch that, Alicia is going to get the help she deserves.

AUTHORS NOTE:
by writing chapters like these i get very anxious about posting them. that a lot of you will think that i'm bringing topics such as assault into a lighthearted formula one fanfic. but, assault is a topic that is rising within an f1 community.

the amount of tweets i see in relation to people feeling uncomfortable at gp's is scary, and frankly disgusting. so, while people might not see the importance of it i feel very strongly that i have the right to talk about it.

and i have never written anything like this before so your critiques are welcome (i can take it i swear) but also your support helps me so much. and it has not gone unnoticed so i thank you all for reading streets.

i truly love you guys 💗