Perfect Pair

I thought about what had transpired that late hour

I thought about what had transpired that late hour. Was this his way of extending his own hand , or was it simply as it seemed , a service for a service. being around him felt as if I was holding my breath , his presence was suffocating, I had no idea what he wanted , what his intentions were . He was more illusive then a snake.

" your here, I was about to leave". He said as I stopped infront of him breathing heavily , I'd woken up later then intended and with great haste made my way to the court yard. I was up earlier then some servants.

" i'd woken a bit later then intended ". I responded struggling to catch my winds. He had an amused look on his face at my no doubt disheveled appearance. I hadn't told the others of the bargain we'd struck. Not that I'd been given a chance to. I watched as he made his way over to a display of weapons taking two wooden swords.

" wooden swords? " I questioned

" yes Saelena wooden swords , there for beginners which you are". He said tossing it to me which I caught

" when will I get to wield a real blade ". I asked

" when I've decided you are ready, the last thing needed is for you to disfigure yourself just days before the wedding ". He said I thought about Rhaenyra and wondered if she had yet to speak to the queen on my behalf.

" won't we just be the perfect pair then ". I remarked i watched as he let out a light chuckle.

We began our duel , if you could vary well call it such , most of it was Aemond knocking me on my ass , with his obvious advantages.

" this is my training? you knocking me to the floor , or is this some cruel prank by your design for nothing further then my own torment , under the guise of training". I told getting up for the 17th time I was sure to be bruised all over

" I am preparing you for a real fight in the world outside of this castle , no one will spare you simply because you are a women , you want to be trained like a man , you will be treated like a man ", he said got up charging at him once more with my wooden sword only to be put on my ass once more.

" your weaker but you have certain advantages, speed and agility, what you lack in strength must be made up for in those areas". He said we'd been at this for hours

I got up once more an anger inside me , an charged at him , he blocked my attack with his sword,  I turned around to swing only for him to block it once more and with his shoulder shove me to the floor. The shove a big aggressive sent me landing harsher then the ones before , the wind was knocked out of me. I began coughing aggressively,  struggling to gasp for breath.

" what are you doing to her". A voice yelled and in my vision I could see Jace on top of Aemond on the ground . As I began regaining myself I moved to go  stop him.

" Jace stop it ". But before I could reach him Aemond had flipped over and began strangling him.  I charged at him knocking Aemond over as Jacerys scrambled grabbing one of the wooden sword we had  begun practicing with , he made his way over to were he and I were on the ground . I threw my self in front of Aemond as he raised the weapon in the air.