011. before the trap door

Start from the beginning

"of course!" harry exclaimed, the three looking at him "what is it?"

suddenly, harry started to rush over to hagrids hut, the others following after him as he spoke "don't you think its a bit odd that what hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up just happens to have one?"

roslyn frowned, trying to keep up with him "how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket? why didn't I see it before!"

the four ran quickly to hagrids, wanting to find out more, quickly. they almost snuck on him considering he seem startled when harry started talking "hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg? what did he look like?"

"i dunno, I never saw his face. he kept his hood up." hagrid answered, harry immediately going back to talking "this stranger, you and he must of talked."

"well he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him 'after fluffy, a dragons gonna be no problem" hagrid explained.

"did he seem interested in fluffy?" harry asked quickly, roslyn looking at hermione and ron before looking back at hagrid and harry.

"well of course he was interested in fluffy. how often you come across a three headed dog, even if your in the trade." hagrid answered yet again.

roslyn nodded "fair point"

"but I told him, I said 'the trick with any beast is to know how to calm it'" hagrid waved the flute he was playing prior around "take fluffy for example. just play him a bit of music and he falls straight asleep."

suddenly, all the kids faces light up and they gasp. they all look at each other with hopeful glances in their eyes.

"I shouldn't have told you that." hagrid shook his head with a frown and with a second, they all started running off.

they could hear hagrid shout after them "WHERE YOU GOING? WHERE YOU GOING?"

they run all the way, they don't stop until they are in front of mcgonagall desk and breathing heavily because of them all being out of breath.

"we have to see dumbledore immediately!" harry said as soon as his hands reach the desk, steadying himself.

"I'm afraid professor dumbledore is not here" mcgonagall said at the four with concern "he received an urgent owl from the ministry of magic and left immediately"

"he's gone? but this is urgent! this is about the philosopher stone" harry revealed and immediately mcgonagall peeked an interest "how did you know--?"

but she didn't get time to finish before harry answered her question "someones going to try and steal it!"

she gazed at the four of them "I don't know how you four found out about the stone but I assure you it is very well protected"

the kids sigh, mcgonagall then demanding them "now would you all go back to your dormitories? quietly"

the four all walked out of the class with their heads down, talking once they got out of the door "that was no stranger hagrid met. it was snape, which means he knows how to get past fluffy."

"remember it could not be him." roslyn suggested, the three looking at her sincerely. hermione continuing after a moment "and with dumbledore gone--"

"good afternoon." snapes voice creeped up behind them, then all slowly turning up to look at him. roslyn gave an awkward smile "hey dad..."

he gave her a small nod before speaking once again "now what would three gryffindors and my daughter be doing inside on a day like this?"

hermione hesitated "uh we were just..."

"you ought to be careful" he said, slowly turning his head to harry and roslyn, his eyes widening "people will think you're... up to something."

he then slowly looks at all of them before turning and walking off dramatically. ron looks at roslyn "how are you he's daughter?"

hermione shook her head "now what do we do?"

"we go down the trap door. tonight." harry stated before looking at roslyn "roslyn, meet us in front of the door at 9pm. we're going to stop snape or someone else from stealing that stone"

roslyn nodded.

tonight.