010. forbidden forest

Start from the beginning

all the kids looks at each other, frowning in worry about it as he continued "god I miss the screaming"

once they get down to hagrids hut, they see the man coming out of his hut, rather sad. filch talking "you'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight, he's got a little job to do, inside the dark forest"

"a sorry lot this hagrid." filch said to the man however he just sniffled and didn't say anything. filch rolled his eyes "oh good god man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are ya?"

hagrid sniffled, getting his crossbow "norberts gone. dumbledore sent him off to romania to live in a colony"

hermione looked at roslyn before looking at hagrid "well that's good, isn't it? he'll be with his own kind"

"yeah well what if he don't like romania? what if the other dragons are mean to him? he's only a baby after all" hagrid argued. roslyn frowned, filch responding "oh for god sakes pull yourself together man, you're going into the forest after all. got time have your wits about you...."

draco, of course let's his thoughts fly free "the forest? I thought that was a joke. we can't go in there. students aren't allowed! and there are....werewolves"

filch looked at the boy "ah there's more than werewolves in those trees. you can be sure of that."

"nighty-night" filch said before walking away, all the kids looking at him before glancing over to hagrid.

"right, let's go"

»»——⍟——««

the group tread through the forest, all trying to stay as close to hagrid as possible. the forest was thick with fog, you could barely see anything with the sheet it layed between the trees.

and it was cold, it gave roslyn shivers and she had to continually pull her rob around her. it made her jitter and tense.

eventually, at some point hagrid kneeled down to some sort of substance puddle on the floor. he put his fingers in it, looking at it closely before standing back up without a word.

"hagrid, what is that?" harry asked innocently, roslyn nodding next to him.

"what we're here for. see that?" hagrid showed his fingers with a metallic substance on "that's unicorn blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago."

"poor things" roslyn mumbled before hagrid continued "now, this ones been hurt bad by something"

the leaves rustle in the harsh wind around them, causing them all to have shivers creep up their neck.

"so, it's our job to go and find the poor beast." hagrid instructed "ron, hermione, you'll come with me."

the two nod, hagrid looking at the others "and harry and roslyn you'll go with malfoy"

of course malfoy scoffed at it, but harry and roslyn just nodded. however the blonde just had to go an extra step "okay, then I get fang."

"fine. just so you know, he's so bloody coward." hagrid said, the group looking at him as he started to whine.

──

"wait till my father hears about this. this is servant stuff" draco complains as he holds up the lamp, the three walking through the forest with fang.

"come on draco, your father won't do shit" roslyn said, draco seemed quite offended at the statement. harry looked at roslyn then back at draco "if I didn't know better, draco, I'd say you were scared."

"im not scared, potter" draco said harshly. roslyn shrugging at it "hm, I don't know draco, you seem it"

"oh shut up ros-" draco was about to say before the three heard howling however it scared draco the most.