009. nicholas flamel

Start from the beginning

"Jesus" roslyn adjust how she was sitting, leaning back very slightly.

"that's what fluffys guarding! that's whats under the trapdoor! the philosopher stone!" hermione confirmed to them all.

──

"roslyn! roslyn wait up!" harry said, hurry after roslyn who was walking down a corridor.

she stopped, looking back at him "harry? what's up?"

"are you coming to hagrids later? when it's dark" harry asked the girl. she frowned for a moment "why are you going to hagrids?"

"to tell him about the philosopher stone" harry responded. roslyn nodded "oh that, yeah I'll come"

"great! meet us outside the school around 8" harry said before scurrying off. roslyn frowned for a long moment before continuing on walking.

──

the four run to hagrids, being quick and careful to not get caught. onces they get there, harry knocks on the door and it opens.

"hagrid!" harry says.

"hello, sorry, don't wish to be rude but I'm in not fit sate to entertain today" hagrid responds, slowly closing the door. the four all glance at each other before speaking at once "we know about the philosopher stone!"

he opened the door back up, one word slipping from his mouth with a sigh "oh."

he opened the door, walking away as the children walk in. they take their scarfs off, sitting down.

"we think snapes trying to steal it" harry said, causing roslyn to sigh heavily. hagrid looks at roslyn then back at the cauldron "snape? blimey, you're not still on about him are ya?"

"hagrid! we know he's after it, we just don't know why." harry said, roslyn looking at him "maybe he isn't so there isn't no why"

"roslyn" harry trailed off. hagrid looked at roslyn, patting her on the shoulder "it's okay"

hagrid looked back at harry "snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone. hes not about to steal it."

"what?"

"you heard" hagrid replied, looking at roslyn with a smile before speaking once again "right, come on now, I'm a bit preoccupied today"

"wait a minute, 'one of the teachers'?" harry quizzed. roslyn looked at him, her hands between her knees "well a stone like that needs a lot of protection"

"of course! there are other things defending the stone, aren't there? spells, enchantments!" hermione said enthusiastically.

"that's right!" hagrid replied "waste of bloody time if you ask me, ain't no one gonna get past fluffy, aint a soul knows how, expect for me and dumbledore"

"I shouldn't of told you that. I should not of told you that." hagrid said disappointingly. however the moment was cut off by something rattling in the cauldron.

hagrid then turned to it, picking what looked like an egg out of the cauldron and rushing on over to put it on the table.

all the kids looked at each other before getting up and following over, ron and hermione sitting on the chairs whilst harry and roslyn leaned on the table.

"uh hagrid, what exactly is that?" harry asked, roslyn tilting her head and looking at it in confusion.

"oh that's, it's um" hagrid trailed off, not exactly wanting to admit what it is. roslyn frowned "well? what is it?"

"I know what that is! but hagrid, how did you get one?" ron exclaimed, roslyn looking over to him, listening.

"I won it, off a stranger i met down at the pub" hagrid said "seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact"

then, the egg started to crack, break and hatch. bits flying about as the kids all leaned back away from it.

then, it revealed a dragon. roslyn gasped "oh my god, a dragon?"

"that's not just a dragon, that's a norwegian ridgeback. my brother works with these in romania" ron added on, all the kids staring at it, and hagrid looking at it in awh.

"isn't he beautiful? oh bless him. look, he knows his mummy" hagrid said, completely in awh of the animal.

roslyn sat on a chair, putting her elbows on the table and her cheeks on her hands "he's adorable"

"hello norbert" hagrid stroked him, the kids frowning at him. hermione speaking "norbert?"

"yeah well he's got to have a name, don't he?" hagrid replied, all of them smiling at him.

"don't you norbert" hagrid stroked him again, this time the dragon spat out fire and it went in hagrid beard.

"he definitely needs a bit of training up" roslyn smiled as hagrid put out the fire in his beard. he nodded in agreement before squinting at the window "whose that?"

the kids all turned round, seeing a small bleach blonde boy attempt to run away from the window quick enough.

"malfoy."