"We were left behind, I-uh," Harry started. 

"He had lost his wallet in the train and we went back to get it," Y/n said quickly. 

"Yes, but I have it now and we are here," Harry said. Both of them were smiling awkwardly. 

Snape was glaring at their clearly not believing the lie. "Get out," He said with an eye roll.

"Yes sir," Y/n said and the two of them rushed out of his sight and into the Great Hall

They slowly opened the doors of the Great Hall and sneaked in without anyone noticing, though Dumbledore who was giving his speech did notice them but didn't say anything. 

They walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down, next to Hermione. "Where were you both?" She asked. 

"Harry had the amazing idea to go sneak on Malfoy and then get his nose deformed," Y/n said putting some food on her plate. 

"You did what, now?!" Hermione exclaimed. "We told you not to go!" 

"I know, Hermione but I am fine now, Y/n fixed my nose," Harry said. 

"Are you sure you were just fixing his nose?" Peter asked raising his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Peter Benjamin Parker What are you suggesting?" Y/n asked her eyes wide with shock. 

"Nothing," Peter said with a smirk. 

"Besides the train is a very uncomfortable to do anything," Harry said. Hermione almost choked on her chicken. 

"I am sorry, but have you done things in the train before?" Y/n asked her eyes narrowing. 

"Of course not!" Harry exclaimed. "If I did, you would probably remember it," he winked which left Y/n in shock. 

"Ok guys maybe not in front of my food, you can talk about fucking each other in private," Ron said. 

"All of you shut up and listen to Dumbledore," Hermione said through gritted teeth. 

They stopped talking and faced towards Dumbledore. "Thanks. First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post. . . as Potions Master," 

An old bald man, who was short in height and with had an immense belly stood up and smiled at everyone. 

There was a mumble of confusion from everyone in the hall, as if to make sure they were hearing things correctly. 

Hermione, Ron, Peter, and Y/n turned to look at Harry. "You said he would be our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Ron said. 

"That's what I thought when Dumbledore took me to meet him!" Harry said. 

"That means if he is the Potions teacher..." Hermione started with a look of distress. 

"Snape will be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher," Y/n finished. "He will finally get the job he has always wanted," 

"There is still a chance of someone else being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, you know, never jump to conclusions," Peter said. 

"Professor Snape meanwhile" Dumbledore said raising his voice to be heard over the chatter. "will be taking over the position of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." Snape didn't bother standing up and only raised his hand, in lazy acknowledgement.  

"Oh we are doomed," Harry said. 

"Well he might be gone by the end of the year," Y/n said. 

"What do you mean?" Peter asked.