"why are they here?" someone shouted beside her. probably barty or evan, the voice was masculine but it didn't sound that much like either of them. athena blamed it on the loud music.

"someone told me they'd be here, reg," pandora said. athena thought she'd surely heard that wrong. "the slytherins want to make it a massive party, even mckinnon is here."

then that voice laughed and athena knew it wasn't barty or evan. it was regulus. she'd heard pandora right. she knew his laugh anywhere. she turned her head towards the group to see him there. when she was so busy looking for him, he walked to the group.

"i like your dress, tina," he said, noticing her staring.

"okay." athena cleared her throat and took pandora's hand. "let's go, panda."

"bye, dora," regulus muttered as the two girls walked away.

they walked over to the drinks table and athena immediately poured herself a mix of whichever drinks looked appealing and downed it.

as soon as the hot liquid rolled down her throat, she instantly regretted mixing them. the taste was disgusting and she poured herself firewhiskey to get rid of the taste.

only a few drinks later, she struggled to walk but made it to the dance floor, stepping to the beat. pandora was next to her but kept disappearing to the toilet every few minutes, so athena ended up ditching the dancing and sat on one of the sofas, a bottle of liquor in her hand.

her mind was fuzzy, music sounding blurry through her ears and everything in front of her melting into small blobs. she kept thinking up the weirdest thoughts, laughing to herself at them when she felt remus sit beside her.

"ath," he said as he sat down, only a bit tipsy especially compared to athena.

"hi, remus," she said, smiling up at him. "i missed you."

"same here," he said, nodding and rested his head back. "how's things?"

"normal. how are you and sirius?"

"bad. broke up yesterday.."

oh shit. athena looked at him, not believing her ears but his nod confirmed it for her. "howww?" she whined. "you guys were my only belief in love."

remus shrugged, staring right ahead and athena almost told him about regulus. how he lead her on, how he thinks of her as nothing but a fuck, how he knows that she wants him but constantly shuts her down. she held on tightly to her drink, feeling her face getting hotter and angrier. but remus would tell sirius and sirius and regulus do not get along—

sirius and regulus do not get along..

athena stood up quickly, dizzying before steadying herself and walking strongly towards sirius. he was standing alone, glaring at ... remus. had the breakup been that bad? was he angry at remus?

"sirius, i just heard," athena said as she neared him. "i'm so sorry, i knew you loved him."

her mind shouted at her to stop. what a shitty thing to be doing. but she carried on, only thinking of how regulus did her so wrong.