the boy's mouth hung open for a minute but he looked at regulus and quickly invited him. regulus gave him a grunt in return, probably meaning yes.

"i'm not going if you're going to be eating crouch's mouth off," regulus said to athena. she rolled her eyes, but her mouth threatened to laugh, remembering one drunk night where they'd been dared to kiss and she was too drunk to realise it was her best friend.

"i'll note that down so i can drunk kiss him at every chance."

"fuck off."

"you brought it upon yourself."

trelawney walked in just as regulus flipped her off. how mature of him.

***

that night, as athena got ready, her mind automatically went to 'would regulus like this?' she cursed herself out quietly under her breath and ripped the dress off. praying that regulus wouldn't be there, which was unlikely, she slipped on a black and white sparkle dress.

pandora gasped from the corner of the room.

"ATHENA!" she screamed, smiling widely. athena's head whipped round, looking confused and concerned to be frank.

"what the fuck?"

"that's my dress."

"why are you smiling?" athena asked, concerned. "you're mad at me for stealing your dress but you're smiling. are you finally cracking and going insane...?"

"i'm not mad. it looks great on you. i only screamed because i was the jealous for a millisecond that it looked better on you than me. but it's not even my style."

"you're loony, panda. i love you."

pandora lifted a dress to her chest, shaking her head at her friend. she squealed and jumped. that was her favourite dress and she obviously was going to wear it tonight.

barty and evan knocked on the girls' door a few minutes before the party. pandora stepped out first, athena still fixing her shoes and barty whistled at pandora's dress. athena sneaked in an eye roll at him. he'd fuck anything with legs.

"ready!" she yelled, a beat after. she ran out, shutting the door and pandora looked at her nervously.

as they walked, pandora and athena strayed behind. "what's wrong? don't like them?" athena asked quietly.

"no, i like them, it's just.. barty. used to have a crush on him. and his little whistles isn't making it any less awkward."

"ah, he'll grow on you," athena said, kissing her head and slinger her arm around her shoulder.

as they entered the slytherin common rooms, athena's eyes glazed over the place, making sure regulus wasn't there. what she saw instead while looking made her step back.

sirius, remus, peter and james. athena noticed that her heart didn't do that sinking thing when she saw him and she gave herself a little smile as a small congratulations almost. she didn't care that he was here, but of course she felt a small twinge of confusion but so would any normal person. why were the marauders at the slytherin party?