✨Bricks, ghosts, and Vegas✨

Start from the beginning

"How did you–." I mumbled.

"Darling, I have to look good everyday," He held out his hand, "I don't expect that from you of course. It seems almost as if you skipped a few skin care days."

Now from personal experience I would not take that. My guy really has orange hair and is over here telling me how my pimples and dark circles look. Okay, fine, maybe I didn't look my best. In my defense I'm going through the whole acne faze while this ended a while ago. Like when he was, what, 16? Now he's 18, and still giving me advice on skincare and stuff.

"Hm, remember when you had blond hair–."

"We do not talk about that. My hair is back it's natural color and I started wearing clear contacts." He snapped. He dipped his hand mirror into his pockets.

Did I mention that he changed outfits? Instead of jeans and a blue t-shirt he was wearing black sweatpants and a sea green cropped hoodie. But we can't forget the iconic black Converse. Just like June he was wearing a necklace with a star, he had a letter engraved into it. The letters 'P' and 'Z'.

I don't understand what those letters mean. Or why June had called Zachary, pride. This place was so confusing and I still don't understand how I got here.

"So let's go ahead and find your room." Zachary spoke up. "Cause, I'm getting bored."

I gave him a quick smile then stood behind him. He smirked then started skipping down the hall. We kept walking– well I was walking Zachary was still skipping ahead of me, when he suddenly stopped.

I paused, then looked around. Zachary pointed to one of the two doors that had magically appeared in front of us.

One of the doors was like the type you would find in a house. Rectangular and plain white, with a golden brown door handle. The other door however, I don't even know where you would find it. It was more of a square than a rectangle and it was black with a pure stainless white door handle.

I was admiring the two doors, one looked clean, tidy and just all around everything a kid could want. The other door looked well, mysterious and charming. Almost beckoning me in, the want to open it overpowered me and I opened the black one.

Zachary gave me a proud smile. "Guess you're that kind of lady, huh?"

I gave him a dazed nod as we walked into the room. By room I mean apartment, because this place was huge.

The entire entrance was tiled with white calacatta marble tiles. You know, the kind with the paint like swirls in it. With silky black carpet. The door quietly shut behind us. I'm pretty sure that's a safety issue. There was a high ceiling and beautiful white furniture with black striped pillows.

I took off my shoes and watched as Zachary took off his.

He led to the large black sofa right in the middle of the living room. Just a few feet away from the sofa was a large reflective, again, black staircase.

We both sat down and he released a loud groan. "So. any questions?"

I looked at him with disbelief. Not only had he chucked a brick at a large black box and led me through a hallway of nothingness, but he has the audacity to ask if I have questions? And here I thought I was being obvious about being confused. Best actor of the year award goes to me cause this really ain't it.

"First of all, why did June call you pride?" I crossed my arms.

"'Cause that's who I am." He shrugged.

"What?" I started scratching my head. What did he mean? Who do I inhabit? Who is what?

"It's just the way I behave." He shrugged again.