Chapter Two: Another Day

Next day at school Steve saw Bucky again, thank goodness. If Bucky weren't there Steve wouldn't have a whole lot of people to talk to.

Steve wanders up to Bucky, who was leaning against the school in a corner, hidden from view. He was smoking again; which explains the tendency to hide in shadow.

"You know, those things can kill you." Steve says, sauntering up to Bucky, placing his bag more firmly on his shoulder.

"So what." Bucky replies, sucking in more smoke. The brunette had a red cut on his face, not very noticeable except for Steve's trained eyes for that sort of thing. His hair wasn't as tidy as it usually was, and his head had a small egg sized lump.

"Geez, Buck, what happened to you?" Steve frowns, taking in the state of his friend. This wasn't normal, at least not normal for Steve to see.

"Nothin', alright, I'm fine." Bucky waves off Steve's concerns like some irksome fly. Steve sighs and nods, still worried about him. But he leaves it be.

Bucky takes one more long pull on his cigarette then drops it, he grinds it into the ground then sighs dramatically, letting his shoulders slump and his eyes cast downwards. Steve cocks an eyebrow at Bucky who looks up at him.

"Drama. Got to add a little bit into my life or I go mad." Bucky explains.

"I'm excited for drama to start today." Steve smiles.

"You like drama as well?" Bucky says, it's his turn to raise an eyebrow. Steve nods and Bucky grins.

"Well, we'd better head inside." Steve says after a while and they both wander inside. They see Nat and Bruce holding hands, walking through the hallways grinning happily. Steve smiles when he sees them together; a happy couple.

Peggy, Sharon Carter, Jessica Drew, Jane Foster, Doreen Green, Susan Storm, Pepper Potts and Carol Danvers all saunter towards Steve and Bucky.

"Hey, girls." Bucky smirks, looking at them all in turn. Steve keeps his eyes cast downwards, he was bad around girls.

"Hey, Bucky. Lookin' good." Jessica winks at him, obviously flirting.

"Not as good as you, sweetheart." Bucky replies smoothly, smirking then winking cockily. He was being very flirtatious as well. She smiles then flips her long brown hair behind her shoulder.

Peggy wanders over to Steve, shouldering her army styled bag.

"So, Steve, how are you liking the school so far?" She questions in her brisk British accent, staring into the blonde's azure blue eyes.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, it's not so bad." Steve says, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. This for him was probably the first time he talked to a girl; he was rubbish at it.

"Well, that's good to hear. I've got to go, but it was nice to finally get to talk to you. Though it was only about a few words, but. You understand." Peggy says, smiling at him before sauntering back to her group of girls, her curls bouncing. The boys and girls part ways, Bucky was smirking at Steve.

"What?" Steve finally asks, meeting Bucky's gaze.

"I saw you two. She might like you." Bucky hums, elbowing Steve lightly in the gut.

"Shush. She just wanted to drag in the welcome wagon." Steve huffs, a small blush creeping into his cheeks.

"The welcome wagon? Seriously, are you like ninety years old?" Bucky smirks and Steve rolls his eyes.

The pair see Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, two twins, wandering across from them. Steve hadn't met them quite yet; now might be a good opportunity.

Wanda nudges her brother when she sees Steve and Bucky walking towards them, going to introduce themselves.

"Hi. I'm James, but people call me Bucky. This is Steve, he's new here." Bucky explains to Wanda and Pietro. The two twins nod in an acknowledging way.

"I'm Pietro, and this is my sister, Wanda. It is very nice to meet you two. How are you liking the school so far, Steve?" Pietro asks. He had an accent, it sounded somewhat Russian or something that Steve couldn't really make out.

"Really good, thanks." Steve says politely and Wanda smiles at him.

"You signing up for track this year?" Pietro asks and Wanda rolls her eyes.

"Must you ask every poor person who comes by? We know you're signing up, Pietro." Wanda says in her accent, the exact same to her twin brother's. At Steve's questioning glance Wanda explains.

"Pietro is one of the best runners in this school. He's constantly looking for competition just to prove he can beat whoever he's up against. And he's actually really fast." Wanda explains, she elbows her brother and he grins. The bell rings and the students around them hurry to get to their class.

"Well, we gotta go. Nice meeting you two." Steve says before he and Bucky walk to their class. Today they started with Science, taught by Mr. Selvig.

They take their seats and face front, Mr. Selvig was writing on the blackboard with his white, scratchy chalk.

"Today we'll be learning about energy sources. Open your books to page twelve." Mr. Selvig says, the class does so. A group beside Steve and Bucky were chatting excitedly as they pull out their books.

The group was Bruce, Tony, Jane Foster, Viktor von Doom, Hank Pym, Reed Richards, and T'Challa. All scientific nerds. Bucky rolls his eyes at their excitement and Steve watches them quietly.

They get through their classes and nothing much else happens. After lunch they have drama, which Steve had been excited for all day, just waiting for it. That, and art. Art was good, he was close to being a professional.

Steve and Bucky walk down to the drama room. They take in the costumes, the props, the set ups, the lighting. Perfect for a high school, everything matched.

Mrs. Hill, their teacher, claps her hands sharply and her class gathers around her. The class wasn't very big, it was made up of Steve, Bucky, Doreen Green, Nat, Matt Murdock, and a few others. Steve couldn't wait for class to begin.