I wince as I remember Reed's stupid face when he asked me about my clientele and I didn't have an answer for him. They're the marketing geniuses after all, not me, but being the CEO means I should already know it. I should know this company like the back of my hand, and I don't.

"Fine," I grumble and lean over to take the last of her sweet and sour chicken, popping the piece into my mouth before she can stop me.

"Linc!" She shrieks. "Ugh, what an ass."

I wink as I rise to my feet and collect the materials that I brought from her desk. "Sorry, babe, it looked tempting." Then I lean over her desk to get close to her face, smiling when I realize she's breathing faster. "Since I can't eat you, I had to settle for the chicken."

Flirting is off-limits in these meetings too, but I can't help myself. It's been too long, and she's looking way too beautiful to ignore. Her hair is half up half down, one half in a high ponytail, and her lips are painted in deep red. A shade I want to be plastered on my cock from her.

"It's Friday. Come over tonight," I say.

"To your place?"

I nod as I realize this might not be something she's ready for. I still don't know what happened to her in her past, nor am I expecting her to tell me, but maybe she'd be more comfortable in her own home.

"It's not a date, right?" she asks.

My fists grip the edge of her desk tightly, and I hate that I'm reacting this way. It shouldn't matter that we're just fucking, but I'm upset that we can't grab dinner beforehand. I'm upset that it's just going to be sex and nothing more.

But rather than tell her how I feel, I throw my hands up and say, "Not a date. Promise."

She taps her pen on her desk, a common habit of hers. "Fine. I'm meeting Carmen and Riley for dinner, but I'll come over after."

"Okay, but wear something comfortable. You don't have to dress up around me. As inviting as these skirts and silky tank tops are, my house isn't your job. If you want to wear pajamas or sweatpants I won't care. In fact, It's what I like you best in."

I watch her eyes do that thing, an emotion flooding into them that I can't read before she smiles, a genuine one, and a slight pink rises to her cheeks. "I'll see you later," she says. "Now go. I have work to do."

***

When Robert returns me safely to my office building, Margo is right on my heels as she follows behind me, plopping down in the chair across from my desk, arms crossed and lips tight.

"Hello, Margo," I say with a grin, knowing she's angry. "Lovely to see you."

"Shut it. You've been trying to dodge my questions all week. Why do you keep going to Stone Media? Do these classes marked on the calendar just stand for fucking?"

I roll my eyes and pass her the textbook shoved underneath my arm. "It's an actual business class. Sienna is helping me learn what the hell I'm doing."

Margo wasn't expecting me to say this as her eyes scan the textbook in confusion, and instantly I watch her demeanor shift. "Oh," she huffs. "So, it really is just classes?"

"I mean...when I'm there for classes it's strictly learning. On the weekends, however..."

Margo covers her ears, causing me to laugh. "Ew, I've heard enough. I was just making sure that when you're supposed to be working, you're actually working. I'm pleased to know you're taking business classes, Linc. I'm proud of you."

Compliments from Margo are rare. I'm still in shock when she rises to her feet and lifts her brows. "Someone named Reed sent over some blueprints before the renovations start on the Los Angeles location. Can you look them over before you leave today? I think we should give them feedback before going into the weekend. The faster we can speed this along the better."

"Got it. I'm on it." Stripping myself of my suit jacket, I rest it on the back of my chair as I watch her leave, but she lingers by the entryway of the door, drumming her fingertips on the handle. "What?" I ask.

"Why doesn't she ever come here for your lessons? I'd like to meet the woman you're so infatuated with. I am your best friend from high school, Linc."

"I'm not infatuated with her," I say defensively, but Margo just laughs, tucking a stray piece of her black bob behind her ear.

"Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure she'd want to come here sometimes, too. Get away from the pressures of her business."

I nod, not giving anything away that I know Sienna like the back of my hand, and she likes to be in control. Putting her in a situation that she's not familiar with pushes her boundaries. I'm surprised she's even coming over to my place tonight after all she's been through, and I'm not taking it lightly.

Sienna may think she's coming over for just sex tonight, but I'm going to make sure she's comfortable, and I'm going to make sure if it's the last thing I do that my place is somewhere she can call safe.