Chapter 1

Dean rolled over in bed and he felt himself bump into someone. He smiled, knowing that Cas was still lying next him. He felt someone tug on his arm and he heard a small voice say

"Daddy" He turned back over and saw his little Emma standing there. It had been three years now since Cas and Dean had gotten married. Emma was six and Cameron was five.

"Emma, what's wrong?" Dean asked, swinging his legs out of bed and lifting her onto his lap.

"I had another nightmare" She whimpered.

"Emma, it's just a dream. It can't hurt you" Dean soothed her and held her close. "Do you want to tell me?" She shook her head as a response.

"It was to scary to tell you. You might be afraid." She admitted. Dean chuckled.

"Don't worry Emma, I don't get scared of anything" Dean smiled.

"This man broke into our house. He killed daddy and you told me to take Cameron outside and you died in the fire that consumed our house" Tears ran from her eyes as she retold the story.

"Emma, baby, it's okay. Me and Daddy are still here. See?" Dean pointed over to Cas who was still sleeping soundly. "There is nothing to worry about" She still seemed afraid. "Why don't you sleep with us for the rest of the night?"

"Okay Daddy" She smiled. Emma climbed off of Dean's lap and curled up in the middle of the bed. Cas seemed to subconsciously know Emma was there and he reached over and wrapped his arms around her. Dean laid back down and wrapped his arms around her as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Cas woke up first and found Emma sleeping soundly in between him and Dean. He knew she must have had another nightmare. She had them a lot. Careful not to wake Dean and Emma, Cas slid out of bed and crept downstairs to make breakfast. Sam and Gabriel would be coming over for breakfast today like they did every Sunday. They would spend the day and they would all play games as a family, or see a movie, or have a family day out, it really didn't matter but they did it together. Cas cracked one egg into the now heated pan, then a second, then a third, followed by a fourth. He scrambled them all together, adding salt, cheese, and the smallest amount of pepper. Cas had learned lots of "cooking secrets" since he was the stay at home father.

"That smells good" Dean whispered in Cas's ear from behind, pulling Cas from his thoughts and startling him.

"Dean. What was the need to do that? Why would you scare me like that?" Cas furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Dean just laughed.

"Because it's funny" Dean grinned at his husband.

"Dean it isn't funny. I don't find this amusing" Cas told him.

"Yes but I do. Now don't let your eggs burn. Gabriel will have your ass if you burn them again." Dean reminded Cas and he took them off and put them in a big bowl.

"Do me a favor and put this on the table. Also grab the hot sauce and ketchup from the fridge and put those on the table as well" Cas instructed.

"Damn Cas, you get bossy in your old age" Dean chuckled.

"Language! We don't want Emma and Cam to learn from your foul mouth" Cas gave him a glare.

"Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning" Dean joked, but Cas didn't laugh. "Cas, what's wrong? What's bothering you?"

"I'm worried about Emma and all these nightmares she is having" Cas sighed as he poured some pancake batter into a new pan.

"I'm worried about her too Cas. She seems to be having them every night now. They usually involve death of either her brother, one of us, or Sam and Gabriel and their three kids" Dean told him.