Let's dance

Wingers PoV

After we were done with our fish snack me and Summer walked around a bit looking for a nice place to rest before our mating dance. we found a nice clear beach with the full moon shining down on us. We sat there next to each other in silence staring out at the ocean waves crashing onto our talons. As I watched dolphins under the surface of the water swim around to the other side of the island, my gaze shifted towards Summer. I watched her look out at the waves for a little until I noticed she was looking at me too. 

Summer: "Uhmmm"

"Oh! Sorry.. I-"

I saw her blush, and I felt my own face heat up.

Sumner: "You ready to do this?"

I nodded and I watched her walk toward a rock pile and lay down, watching. I gulped. I knew that I was nervous, I wondered if Sumner was nervous too. I tried to remember the routine I had tried so hard to get jammed in my brain, but. I couldn't. It jyst wasn't there. I couldn't remember. What was I supposed to do?

Summer: "-giggles-  Do you want me to go first Winger?"

"Uh, yeah?" 

I said reluctantly. I sat down and watched as she danced, her eyes never left my gaze. She was a beautiful dancer, her wings so graceful and swift. By the time she had finished, I still couldn't remember what to do. So I improvised. I noticed a branch laying on the beach so I got up and grabbed it. I studied Summers face and leaped into the air, hovering over the sand, but not high enough that the branch couldn't reach the sand. I started drawing a portrait of Summers face and she purred, admiring my work. I smiled and landed in front of her. She threw up her wings, arching her neck with her head towards my tail and her tail towards my face. I did the same and we pranced in a circle, then lowered ourselves to the ground, and I rested my head over top hers. 

I knew that this final part of the dance was an oath for me to protect summer, and her to protect me. Then I heard rustling in the bushes and I lifted my head and went into a battle pose, ready for anything, wolves, boars, The sSlinkwings, the- 

Then Dak walked out from behind the bushes

The other Rescue Riders!? I let down my guard, blushing at the fact that they had seen all of that. 

Dak: "Hey Wing?"

Leyla: "Summer! Your ok!" 

Agro: "Found them"

Cutter: "-yawn- Alright, lets go home"

Burple: "Hey guys! Look! Its Summer and Winger!!"

All (excluding Sumner and Winger): "We know!"

Burple: "Oh. Ok!"

"Uh. Did you guts see ALL of that?"

Dak: "Ohhhh, uh. Yeah?"

I heard wing beats behind me and turned around to see Sumner, but she was flying away at top speed into the distance. 

"Summer!!"

Dak: "We can go after her with you!" 

I shot Dak a look and he backed off.

I flew off after Summer and when I Cuaght up to her, she had tears on her face. 

"Summer! Are you ok?"

Summer: " No! No, Winger, she saw everything! The whole thing! What will Leyla think of me after I snuck out at night without her!?"

"She'll think: 'Oh, this is such a great occasion, and I'm so happy for Summer, she's a great friend to Winger, and I'm so happy for her!"

Summer: "-giggle- Really? You think so?"

"Well, I mean, not those words exactly, but yeah."

Summer: "Oh. Ok. Uhm. I think I'm ready to go back"

"Ok, lets go"

We flew back towards the island in silence, both lost in our own thoughts, when they were broken by the sound of yelling men, and large creaking sounds that were probably boats. I looked around, and spotted two large ships with dragon pepper, arrows, cages, and other weapons. I pulled a frightened Summer behind a sea stack and gestured for her to be quiet. Then I pointed toward the boats then up above the clouds. She nodded, and we flew the rest of the way to Coconut island above the clouds to get to our friends before the hunters did.

Thanks for reading guys! Sorry this ones a little short, vote and comment!