Chapter 1

Your Cute Lies.

Chapter 1

"I have great news!" Talia walked into my bedroom with her hands danced in the air as she twirled around happily. "The one direction concert is tomorrow. I'm bringing you Beth. Second row!" She stared into my eyes and smiled. My reaction was dull. I didn't give a crap.. I hated one direction. One direction was the stupidest boy band in history. I scrolled through funny pictures on my phone then replied, "I'm not going with you, Talia." I put my phone down and crossed my arms. She looked like she was about to cry.. It was heart breaking. Her head dropped and her curls fell too. She dropped to the ground and burst into tears, "My MOM won't go with me, my DAD won't go with me, and I NEED someone to take me!" She got up with tears running down her cheeks and almost ran out the door until I stopped her. She turned around and flung her hair back and sighed, "What." A tear rolled down her cheek. "Listen.." I looked up at her, "I didn't know how much this meant to you. And since your my best friend.. Guess who's going to sit in second row?" I smiled, giggled, and got up to go give her a hug. She almost passed out and started fangirling, "You are the best out of all the friends ever, Beth! Without you I don't know what I would do!" She put her arms around me and gave me a hug. I put my hair to the side and played with it, "You better pick out your outfit for tomorrow's concert!" I walked her to the door.

As soon as she left, I frowned. I really hated one direction and only decided to go because she was my best friend and I could never let her down. It was heart breaking to see her cry, and could never bare to watch it again.

I grabbed my outfit and laid it out on a chair for tomorrow. It was a bright pink top, and some skinny jeans. It was nearly nine O'clock at night and was getting pretty late. I decided to throw on some pajamas and practice my singing for my school talent show, which was in a week. After that I quickly did my nails a lime green and blew on them so they'd dry faster.

I brushed my teeth and pulled the covers over my body and reached up for the light switch.

My eyes slowly opened as the morning light dove into my room. I sat up and checked my phone for the time, it was 9:30 AM. I wondered what time the concert was at, and if I was supposed to give Talia a ride to the concert. I dialed her phone number and someone quickly picked up the phone. "Hello?" Talia's mother asked. "Oh hi.. Is Talia there?" I asked shyly. "Yes she is! Hold on a moment." Soon enough, Talia spoke. I asked her everything I needed to know about plans on how to get there.

Soon we were on our way to the concert. She was fangirling while I was just.. Happy for her but mad inside. I knew it was going to be a boring concert. We pulled into the concerts driveway while thousands of fans made their way into the concert. I stepped outside of the car and slammed the door. I wasn't very happy. But of course, happy for my friend. We made our way inside the concert and took seats into the second row. Talia was so excited that when I tried to ask her questions, she wouldn't answer. She would just stare at the stage with a derpy look on her face. I stared at her and looked away.

A clumsy man stepped onto the stage and was holding cue cards. "Hello everyone! Welcome all, to this great event." He smiled and then looked down at his cue cards, he flipped it to the next one, "I'm sure all of you were looking forward to one direction coming.. But.. They are sick. I'm sorry." When that came out of his mouth, the crowd was silent. I even heard a few people crying. The man raised the microphone to his lips, "Just joking!" He laughed. The crowd went wild and was so relieved that one direction wasn't sick. "Anyways, here are the boys for ya!" The crowd screamed as one direction came out behind backstage.