𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈𝐈 - 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞? Part 2

Start from the beginning

"It's happy to have you back, Nata-" Carol stopped when Sarah ran out of the room. Steve sighed and followed Sarah.

"Hmm, is she okay?" Natasha asked.

"It's best to stop thinking about her, right now, you and Tony will be needing some rest," Clea said, the others agreed.

Natasha smiled again when she saw Clint but when Clint saw her, he just walked away.

Natasha's heart shattered, "What the hell," She thought. Why were the two other people she ever loved didn't looked like they want to see her anymore...

Don't get Clint wrong though...It seemed like he was just upset, he knew that it wasn't the same Natasha anymore...because she couldn't even recognize her daughter.

—With Sarah and Steve—

Sarah locked the door and screamed as her tears start streaming down her cheeks. It hurt so much. It hurts. 

She hold her head as she continues crying and fell to the floor. Memories she had with her mother start flooding back to her and she starts screaming again. That wasn't her mother anymore...that was someone else, and it hurts her.

She spots a picture frame of her with her mother. She cried even more, it was not the same anymore. She grabbed it, she was getting angry. She then smashed it to the floor.

Regret then flooded her, "No..." she whispered as she crawls to the broken glasses, she then grabbed her picture with her mother. A tear fell to the picture, she then hugged it, crying. She doesn't care about anything right now, not even the fact that she was bleeding because she stepped and kneeled down on the shattered glass.

She wants her mother back.

She heard someone knock on the door followed by a voice.

"Sarah," her father called her.

She wiped her tears, "Dad, I wanna be alone right now," she managed to shout without her voice trembling.

Steve sighed, "I know what you're feeling right now, kiddo. Trust me, I...I understand," Steve told her.

Whenever Sarah is in her darkest time, her parents and some of her friends were always there for her. So she decided to stand up and walk toward the door.

She opened the door and Steve's eyes widened as he saw how she was in such a mess.

"What the hell happened," He said, Sarah could feel that he was slightly mad. Oof.

"Inner hulk happened?" Sarah joked though that felt like a really cringy joke.

"Ew," she whispered to herself.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Steve told her.

After Steve helped Sarah clean the wounds she got on her hands and knees, he let her change her clothes while he cleans the mess. Sarah went out of the bathroom after changing.

"I assume that you don't want to have dinner with the others?" Steve asked.

Sarah just nodded as she went to lie down on the bed, burying her head in the pillows. Steve just sighed, he'll talk to her again later but now, he gotta go get some food for them.

"I'll go get us dinner," Steve told her before leaving the room.

Sarah got up and grab her phone, she decided to call Draco.

"Hey, so, how's the reunion?" Draco asked her.

"Bad, worse than I thought so," She admitted.

"How so?" Draco asked, worried.

"Err, it's a long story," She told him.

"You have all my time," he assured her.

Sarah smiled, "Thanks," she said.

She then start telling him about what happened...

— With Nat and the others —

Yelena found herself clingy toward Natasha, I mean, she just got her back. They just got her back.

"OH ANDDDD! I AM ALSO SO CLOSE TO BEATING YOUR SYSTEM!" Morgan told her dad who just look so happy to have them back.

"Well, you wouldn't if it wasn't for my help," Peter said, pouting.

"Oh shush," Morgan said.

"It's good to have them back," T'challa told his mother who just nodded. Everything looks just right.

"AUNTIE NAT!" Lila shouted as she ran to her arms.

"Lila!" Natasha said smiling as she hugs her.

"Oh I miss you so much!" Lila told her as her two brothers start telling their Auntie Nat about the new things.

Yelena couldn't help but just laugh and watches as Nat talked to the kids. The others were talking to each other while Clea and Stephen just watched everyone carefully, especially Wanda who is seemingly talking to Kamala who is fangirling once again.

Natasha was the first to notice Steve walking toward the table but she tried her hardest not to look at him. As she still can't move on from the events...

"Uncle Steve!" Morgan shouted, which surprised Tony. He never really hear Morgan call Steve, "Uncle," as in their universe, she often just call him by his name.

"Hey, Morg," Steve greeted her with a forced smile. Natasha noticed, she only took her eyes off him again when Lila said something.

"Sarah must be really happy to have you back!" She said happily.

Silence fell upon the room, awkward silence, I may add.

"Sarah?" Natasha asked.

"The little red-haired girl?" Natasha asked Lila.

"Mhm! Is she your-" Clint stopped Lila before continuing her sentence.

"Okay, missy, you're too excited and happy that your brothers are already stealing your fries," He told her.

"HEY!" Lila shouted at her brothers, while Steve nodded at Clint as a "Thank you". But Natasha knew that Clint interrupted Lila for a reason. Who really is Sarah to her?

"And speaking of Sarah, where is she?" Wanda asked.

"Uh, she and her friends, uhm, they're talking you know, she said that she wants to talk with them tonight cuz she misses them," he lied. He's such a lousy liar.

Everyone knew that it was a lie, and those who knows the actual reason felt bad for Sarah. They know how it feels to have someone who doesn't know you anymore feels like.

When Steve left, they just eat in awkward silence, "Why did Steve lie?" Natasha asked. Everyone turned their head to Natasha.

"Hm?" Yelena asked, "Why did Steve lie?" Natasha pushed.

"I don't know," Yelena answered as the others looked away, it wasn't their place to tell her.

"Yes you guys do," Natasha said suspiciously.

"C'mon, Red, they need privacy, I guess," Tony told her with a kind smile.

Yelena smiled at her and they all continued eating but Natasha couldn't shake off the feeling in her chest right now, it feels like she hurt someone she loves but she don't know who and why.

They were all having a peaceful night when something happened...