Chapter 8 - Jealousy Looks Good On You (Sloane) 🔥

Start from the beginning

Chris huffed out something under his breath, something that was drowned out by the roar of my erratic heartbeat in my ears.

Sensing my panic, Chris's hand met the small of my back before slowly sliding around, gripping my hip softly. "Pip." He urged me to look at him, his fingers flexing against my side.

My eyes fell shut for a moment as i took a deep breath, filling my lungs completely before exhaling slowly. "Can you just have the car brought around?" I turned to face him, tilting my chin to meet his eyes. "Please?"

Chris's eyes danced back and forth between mine trying to get a better read on me. His hands reached up, gently framing my face, making my breath catch in my throat. "We don't have to leave. We can go right back upstairs." His head tilted towards Dom and Cami. "They'll understand. Even if you don't wanna tell them what's going on."

I sighed, leaning into his embrace.

The more his hands were on my skin, the less 'fake' everything felt. I was torn between letting myself dive in head first, completely vulnerable to the consequences, and guarding myself even more.

The hardest part is how natural it feels.

Nothing about standing here with Chris, his hands on my cheeks and the tender way that he comforted me, felt wrong.

And i wasn't sure if i loved or hated it.

I shook my head. "No, we should go. I don't– I wanna have a good night."

Chris smiled softly, his thumbs stroking lightly against my skin. "Okay. Let's go have a good night."

He stepped away slowly, his hands sliding to my shoulders, then down to my hands, lingering for a second before pulling away completely. A small shiver traveled down my spine and Chris smirked in response.

I. Am. Fucked.

The SUV pulled up outside of The Base Lounge, a small sports bar in the heart of Boston

I knew that they rented out the whole bar and there shouldn't be anything to worry about with Stu, but still, an uneasy feeling settled deep in my stomach.

Something felt off, but I couldn't tell if it was a trustworthy gut instinct or paranoia.

Chris's hand landed on my knee, squeezing softly. "It's okay. He's not here. Even if he was, I won't let him get near you."

I smiled appreciatively, nodding my head. "You're right. Yeah, let's have a good night."

Dom and Cami climbed out of the car, but Chris tugged on one of my belt loops, pulling me to a stop. "We'll be in in a sec." He called out, gesturing for them to go on. Dom pushed the door shut and led Cami towards the bar door.