ix. wicked pair

wc: 3948

#STARSOO SPEAKING ! ꒱ a heads up: italics and underline means that it's shizuka speaking in khione's mind. thank you and enjoy <3

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

Trust your team, a sentence that has been told on many occasions. Everyone works differently, that's what makes a team unique. They each have a specific role to fulfill and make it work. Together, things could be accomplished.

That is what Iida is trying his best to believe, to trust his team.

Everytime he tried to make an effort to communicate with the two and formulate a plan, Bakugo looked distant and Khione always shut him down with a snarky remark.

"Why don't one go out and two would stay here? They wouldn't expect that. We need an element of surprise."

"And who is that one person, you? Please. You'd be finished by then. Your speed against that broccoli's strength and that pink cheeks gravity? One touch and you're off the ground."

Iida had a better suggestion but never in his life, has he ever felt humiliated. How could someone be so cruel? he cried out in his inner thoughts. But, he felt even more motivated to prove himself that he is better. What does strength and gravity have compare to knowledge?

Walking in the room they were assigned to, a giant fake explosive stood there. "Even if this is training, it pains me to become a villain," shared Iida.

Khione scoffed, "This role is much better."

He was flabbergasted with her response that he spun around quickly with wide eyes. "What do you mean?!"

The girl rolled her eyes at his exaggeration. "Calm down. I didn't mean it that way. I mean, this role gives you the chance to show your quirk off more because we don't have to worry about how much we're going to destroy. The heroes do," she explained, bored.

Iida cleared his throat and stood straight, gaining his composure. "You have a point," he agreed. "However, the hero role also gives you a chance to see how fit you are to be a hero."

Khione arched an eyebrow, a smirk on her lips. "You saying that if we win, we're fit as a villain?"

"Certainly not! If we win-"

"Deku has a quirk, right?" Bakugo's rough voice interrupted them. His back was turned towards them, it was difficult to understand what he was feeling.

"You saw that extraordinary strength, didn't you?" asked Iida. "It appears to carry a lot of risk, though. However, you seem to be especially angry when it comes to Midoriya."

Bakugo still didn't turn around. She looked at Iida who shared the same clueless expression and shrugged.

The history between them is intriguing. Midoriya is careful around him while the other isn't worried if he could hurt him or not. No hatred that deep just come out of nowhere.

Through the speakers, All Might made an announcement. "Now, let's start the indoor person-to-person combat training with Team A and Team D!"

The sounds of footsteps fading away made their turn their heads to that direction and saw Bakugo making his way out of the room. Iida opened his mouth to protest but the slam of the door cut him off.

Khione sighed, "I'll back him up." She moved away from her spot and started approaching to the door that had cracks on its sides from being slammed harshly.