Ch.2

"Teacup! Order up for table 5!" A snappy old lady growled from behind the stove.
I sighed and grabbed the plates, expertly maneuvering through the table and placing the dishes in front of the right people when I reached the table. I began walking back through the busy room and as usual had requests shouted at me.
"Teacup! A Johnnie Walker over here!"
"Yes, sir."
"Teacup! We need more sauce!"
"Yes, sir."
"Teacup! The kid spilled his food on the floor!"
"Yes, ma'am."
"Teacup! We need another glass over here!"
"Yes, sir."

The requests were endless and most people here were regulars so they knew how it worked. It was 7:00am and I was at the restaurant working until 9:00am when I would clock off and start running to the academy to find out my team and sensei. The Academy started at 9:00am but I was a strict believer of "fashionably late". Besides, I needed as much money as I could get. Academy fees were going to be due soon so I was beginning to work a lot more often. I believed everyone called me Teacup because they only listened to the start and the end of my name. No one ever bothered to try and fix their mistake when I told them my actual name. I didn't have the strength left in me these days to even bother mentioning it anymore. Even at the Academy they had begun calling me Teacup. All the regulars knew me well, they shouted their orders at me. Not bothering for me to even reach their table, relying on my skills to remember the order.

"See ya later Rose!" I called out to the old lady behind the stove.
I heard her grunt in acknowledgment but she didn't show her face. I walked into the back room and got changed out of my work uniform which consisted of: a pair of black high-heeled boots, a very short skirt that I was still trying to figure out how to hide my ass from the customers in when I bent down and finally I had to wear a tight button up shirt. Unfortunately for me I had somehow lost two buttons from the bottom of the shirt and three from the top. This resulted in my showing cleavage and when I tied the red tie around my neck it just hung there loosely and messily. I had never been taught how to tie a tie and the men seemed fine with my dress code anyway which made the owners happy because they got more clients. I changed into my normal clothing which consisted of a pair of ripped-up black jeans, a pair of lace up, black leather boots that went to my shins (a 16th birthday present from Kashi), my black, leather gloves that went to my wrists and had a hole on the right index finger and finally my tank-top hoody which was also black and had begun to wear at the bottom. I looked in the mirror of the back room and sighed, my jeans had been torn so much from training that they almost showed more skin than not; I would soon have to replace them. I didn't know if I could afford that! Finally I dared to look at my face. My fingernails were constantly changing with my moods; I tried my best to cover them up with nail-polish (however the nail-polish was chipping at the moment and you could see the constantly changing under-colour) but my hair was a lost cause. The best I had managed was creating a jutsu that kept my hair the first colour it changed to when I woke up in the morning. Today I had woken up worried and stressed about Kakashi and last night. So my hair was a crazy hot-pink colour with orange stripes through it. I pulled my hoody over my head and pushed all my hair into my hood.

I turned around to leave and bumped into Rose. She was a short lady. She was wrinkly, had hard, brown eyes, thin lips and she was slightly obese. She also damaged her hip a few months back and now she walked with a hobble.
"Oh, sorry Rose." I mumbled
"Stupid kid, don't even know where ya goin'!" she sneered
She handed me a wrapped package and I took it. She hobbled out of the room as soon as I had taken the gift. I cautiously opened the gift and found bread, cheese and some chicken inside.
"Yes!" I whispered gleefully, I was starving!
I gobbled it all down before I had even walked out of the restaurant and began running to the Academy. Unfortunately the restaurant was slightly out of town.

-------- The Academy -----------

I headed for the room we were told to be in when we arrived at school. I was 10 minutes late today instead of the usual 30 minutes; I had gotten excited about being given a team and a sensei. No matter how much I told myself that they were going to hate me, no matter how much I told myself that I would make no friends or get along with them in the slightest; it didn't matter because my head kept whispering hopeful words to me. I finally arrived at the room and opened the door. It seemed that they had only begun introductions. I took a quick scan and recognized all the senseis. Gai, Kurenai, Asuma, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Shizune, Iruka who was introducing everyone and finally..... Kekashi?! I almost froze up where I stood but instead kept my head down and walked to the back of the class where I sat in the wobbly chair in the very back corner in the shadows. I looked up slightly, completely ignoring Iruka's voice and noticed that Kakashi was staring right at me. I quickly ducked my head and stared at the carvings I had made in my desk. No one knew my kekkei genkei; even my parents had been oblivious to it. Never believing that they had actually held the terrible trait.