2

FROM THE ASHES
— 2. Ruined

      By dawn, word had already spread of the prince and princess' escapades and by midday, Viserys had been informed as well

By dawn, word had already spread of the prince and princess' escapades and by midday, Viserys had been informed as well. To say he was furious was an understatement. Not at Shaera, however. It was at Daemon. For he knew his brother had done so on purpose.

It wasn't long before Daemon had been found asleep in some ale house and was dragged back to the castle by two members of his brother's kingsguard.

"Get your fucking hands off me," Daemon groaned, but was ignored until they stepped foot in the throne room.

He was dragged all the way through until he was thrown in front of the the Iron Throne. He grunted as his chest collided with the cold ground, too weak to get up. He was still hung over from the night before.

After sleeping with Shaera, he had brought her back home and then returned to the city to drink.

The doors to the throne room shut and Daemon sighed, remaining on the ground as he watched Viserys approach from a side door.

"What have you done?" Viserys stared down at his brother in disappointment.

"I don't know what you mean, dear brother," Daemon replied almost sarcastically, not even bothering to make an attempt of lying.

"Our sister," Viserys replied, trying his best to remain calm.

Daemon grunted as he pushed himself up slightly, attempting to get to his feet, "What about her?"

"Are you going to deny it?" The Targaryen king circled around his younger brother like a predator would its prey.

"I don't know what you're getting at, brother. You must elaborate," Daemon answered calmly, which only angered his older brother.

"You defiled her. You ruined her," Viserys shouted as he kicked Damon so hard he fell back onto the ground, face first, "Are you going to deny it?"

Daemon groaned loudly, grasping his chest in pain.

"Still you choose to say nothing."

"There is nothing to say," Daemon replied calmly. He rolled onto his back cautiously and stared up at his brother, "As I remember, you did far worse at her age. As did I."

"We were a young men. She is a girl. Our sister!" Viserys shouted at him angrily, "You knew she was to be wed and you took her maidenhead."

"She is not a girl. She is a woman grown. Better me than whatever old drunken lord who you choose to sell her off to like some broodmare," Daemon argued, only to receive a kick to the face in return.

Viserys hovered over Daemon, his hand around his brother's throat. "You did this on purpose. You went there on purpose, so the whole world would know of what you did by the morning. Do you really think the two of you could go there without anyone knowing who you were? You've ruined her! Who will wed her now in this condition?"