Chapter 42: On All Sides

And so, the war between Tempest and the entirety of human nations has begun. Before departure, Shizu approached Rimuru calmly.

"Rimuru-san, I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Are you capable..?"

"Capable of what?"

"The Secret Art of Revival?"

As Shizu said that, Rimuru almost forgot and answered nonchalantly.

"Of cou--"

But thankfully, before finishing his sentence. He remembered Ciel's words at best.

The next time Shizu makes a request or asks a question make sure to reject it.

And so, with this in mind without any hesitation, Rimuru lied.

"No, there is no way I am capable of such a miracle."

"Of course, it's impossible I almost put my dependence on you. Very well, it's nothing I am just hoping if you did the secret art of revival then our chances are more higher."

Even though, the secret art of revival was a 100 percent success for Ciel. Only you Shizu-san have all the souls of our brethren right now.

Rimuru did not utter such words. Instead:

"Yeah... it's impossible to even for me."

"I see, then farewell."

Shizu exhibits no clinginess or uncertainty. She then departed with a transportation circle, completely out of sight of Rimuru. Rimuru approached a departing Diablo and Benimaru team and called out to Diablo. 

"Diablo, I have a request for you."

"I'll gladly do what you will my lord."

Diablo asked the request in excitation.

"Are you convinced that you and Benimaru can wipe out the enemies fast and swiftly?"

"Without a doubt Lord Rimuru."

Benimaru and Diablo responded in a unified way.

"Good, then Benimaru I wanted you to return to Tempest as fast as possible after exterminating everyone in your way. And, Diablo I want you to keep a keen eye on Shizu-san. I want you to stop her at all costs in case she lost all her cool do not hesitate to give everything you got."

"Kufufufu... that goes without saying. But what does my lord refer that Lady Shizu might lose control?"

"Because she'll awaken."

Diablo did not ask anymore, seems like he got the pretexts of what is meant. The three of us, Benimaru, I, and Diablo have all big smirks on our faces. We were assured of Shizu-san's victory.

Her development since Orc Lord has been very remarkable... It's not out of character for her right now... when Ciel-sensei resurrected her. She has crossed the line to grasp humanity's evolutionary zenith. But she lacked the resolve to accept both good and evil, she lacks the willpower, not souls.

She'll inevitably crack open the egg with the willpower of wiping countless of her own kind. Though she ascended in the same way that I did... Shizu-san's awakening was now unavoidable.

Let's get started, and retrieve what has been taken.

Tempest's men dispersed to their war outposts, while Shuna, Myulan, the humans, and the general forces waited in Tempest. There is a magical crystal at each station that connects to another to cast the Neutral Zone. The method is similar to Holy Field, but Neutral Zone is a new innovation by Yuuki designed just for Rimuru and his subordinates, putting them at a disadvantage.