"Eleanor, you're hurt and not thinking straight," the queen said as she stood in front of Eleanor. "Please calm down."

Eleanor nodded, but glared at Aaliyah. The moment she had evidence of her suspicions, she would kill her. She jerked away from Isaac, held her chin high and walked back into the funeral.

The burial wasn't easy either. As she watched the coffin being lowered, she began to think that perhaps it would be best if she joined him, but she couldn't. Noah needed her. Now, being the next in line, meant there was a target on his back. As she resisted the urge to break down, she held her son in her arms. Isaac gave her a kiss on the cheek, then one to Noah before hugging them.

Over his shoulder, Eleanor could see the doubt begin to grow in Jazmin's eyes as she stared at them. When Eleanor pulled away, Isaac gave her a confused expression before he glanced over his shoulder and understood. They stood side-by-side the rest of the burial. After placing the flowers on her mate's grave, Eleanor returned home with Noah.

Three months after Walter's burial things began to appear normal again. Ludovica decided to finally leave her home and head deep into the forest, stopping at the river of her old home. Silent tears streamed down as she took a seat beside the river bed, trying her best to remain calm as she remembered all the moments she had with Walter, someone who had grown so fast on her, someone she had considered a brother.

He wouldn't want any of them to drown in their sorrow, so she tried her best to continue living. She blinked and more tears flooded down her cheeks as the pain within became too much to bare. At a sound, she didn't bother to see who had followed her.

His sent hit her nostrils within seconds.

Without saying a word, he sat beside her and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer. As she inhaled to stop herself form weeping, she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I wish I could take your pain away," Dmitri whispered.

Not even his touch helped at all.

"Sorry for interrupting, but I need to speak to both of you."

Ludovica and Dmitri rose to their feet before facing Logan. Beside him stood his brother Fane.

"I know that this is not the time, but you both know that sometimes Vampires can see memories when they feed."

"I'm well aware of that," Dmitri said.

"When I bit Brayden, I saw him make a deal with Aaliyah."

Ludovica didn't speak, didn't move as she stared in complete astonishment at Logan. It couldn't be true. Why on earth would Aaliyah make a deal with Brayden?

"What would Brayden want from her?" Asked Dmitri.

"He obviously sought her out for aid against you." Logan glanced at Ludovica now. "I think you know why he wanted him out of the way."

Ludovica finally found her voice and spoke softly. "Brayden wanted her to kill Dmitri—I'm not sure how he thought she could do such thing—What did she want from him?"

For the first time she had met him, doubt flashed in his eyes, as if he was assessing whether he should say what he knew or not.

"What do you think?" Fane said coldly. "She bloody wanted a child, which he gave her without second thought."

Ludovica's heart dropped to the ground as she tried to walk away, at times her legs trembling, threatening to give out. She shook her head as she fought back her tears.

Adrian had been Walter's entire world.

She let out a cry as her nails changed to wolf claws. When she sprinted forward, she released all the pain she had been trying so hard to keep at bay.