The Happiest Girl

As you know our group is now really in a situation where a lot of things are confusing..... We are trying to protect what is ours...

" Ofcourse... ofcourse you are!!!"

Jisoo caresses gently along his jaw line, as the man on her mobile screen keeps on talking. She is listening to his each words, every breath, every sigh and even the pauses between his words with full attention. He thanks every one once again for congratulating him on his birthday and ends the live. Jisoo flips her body around on her bed and looks at the dim lit white ceiling above.

"Happy Birth Day my love"

As she whispers the birthday wish, a drop of tear slowly frees itself to flow down her cheeks. Even after one year, Jisoo could not move on. There is no lack of men in this industry to take an interest in Jisoo. And she did respond to some of the gentlemen who wanted to court. She did go on few dates but that's that. Kim Ji Soo couldn't forget Kim Nam Joon, she couldn't move on. She couldn't let go of him, she did not want to. It was him who did. But could she complain? Hadn't he warn her that he would let it go if time demanded?

"So true to your words !!!"

Jisoo scoffs sadly and rolls around, landing on her stomach this time. She wonders if he too misses her sometimes? If he too lurks in her insta or vlive just to see how she is doing? She wonders if he is still struggling with his own demons?

"You don't look happy..... Still !!!"

She could remember vividly that dreadful night when Kim Seok Jin came to meet her and told about Namjoon's psychological condition. So when he asked to break up, she didn't get into some ugly fight and blaming game. She knew the reason beforehand thanks to Kim Seok Jin. She knew she had to let Namjoon go to find his own happiness otherwise he would lose it completely in the effort to keep everyone happy. Kim Seok Jin tried to alert Jisoo beforehand about Namjoon's situtation as a human being as well as the leader of BTS. The eldest member also informed how their company wanted to keep it secret, especially from outsiders, which Jisoo was. No matter what her and Namjoon's relation was, no one can deny that she was from another music label, a rival one precisely. Mental health is still a taboo in Korea, unless there is no other option, companies do not reveal about it in public domain. Kim Ji Soo did not want to put Namjoon in a tough position, to go against his label when he was already struggling.

"Even after all that why you don't look happy Kim Nam Joon?"

A painful lump forms in her throat and tears ooze out like a flash flood.

"Unniiieee..."

Jisoo springs up from the bed, hearing that voice. Chaeyoung is peeping though the half opened door.

"Yeah Chae..."

Jisoo sheepishly wipes her tear drenched cheeks. She hoped Chaeyoung to not notice them in her dimly lit room.

"We have to head to the company in half an hour"

"Yeah... I will be ready in ten minutes"

To Jisoo's dismay Chaeyoung doesn't leave immediately and keeps looking at her with frown.

"What?"

"Were you crying ?"

The younger lady rushes inside and reaches to her bed in a blink with quick steps.

"No"

Jisoo replies but her shaking voice fail to convince. Chaeyoung quickly switches on the lights and a horrified shriek comes out from her mouth when she sees Jisoo. Her hair is a mess, eyes are red and puffy, nose is red and cheeks are tear drenched.

"How long have you been crying and for what??"

"I will rub some ice on the face and it won't be visible in the shoot"

"I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT FUCKING SHOOT !!!"

Jisoo looks at her dumbfounded at her sudden outburst.

"Why were you crying ? Don't tell me that it's for the God damn Kim Nam Joon !!! What he did to you unnie??  Can't you fucking move on?"

"NO. I CAN'T !!!"

This time Jisoo yells, shocking other girl. The elder girl plops into her bed helplessly bursting into tears.

"I can't even wish him on his birthday Chae...."

The younger kneels down before her and cups her face. Wiping her tears gently with both her thumbs, Chaeyoung asks something that surprises Jisoo like nothing.

"Do you want to see him? Unnie?"

The younger lady witnesses how her tear filled eyes just lit up by just the mention of such possibility.

"See him??"

"Yes"

Chaeyoung squeezes her hands in assurance but Jisoo still can't believe it.

"How?"

As Jisoo asks the question in sheer disbelief and pure joy, Chaeyoung's heart melts for her. She wonders how deep her 'unnie' had fallen for the guy to make her look this vulnerable. Kim Ji Soo of Blackpink has no shortage of admirers. In fact right now her ex co-actor Jung Hae In is trying to court her. The Hallyu star doesn't even try to mask his advances by the name of friendships. Yet the elder member is still stuck at her past. Chaeyoung and other members have tried their best to steer Jisoo away from her past but failed. Now Park Chae Young thinks that Jisoo should see him, meet him and then she may realize that Kim Nam Joon has moved on and she should too.

"How? How can I see him?"

Jisoo asks again shaking Chaeyoung off her thoughts. The younger girl licks her lips and says.

"I heard the National Museum of Korea invited RM for an exhibition as the sell of a pensive Buddha statue suddenly soars high because of him."

"Oh his love for artifacts !!!"

Chaeyoung looks at Jisoo in utter surprise to see how a small memory of him can put a smile on her face.

"Unnie.... You can't really meet him there you know, you may just have to see him from a far"

"That's enough. More than enough Chae !!"

Jisoo bends down and hugs Chaeyoung dearly.

"Thank you Chae. Trust me I am the happiest girl right now"

 Trust me I am the happiest girl right now"

*********

So ...... They are going to military. I am not sad though, I am proud and somewhat relieved. It was clear that politicians kept them hanging for so long and atlast they just took the decision themselves. It must be exhausting to endure so much uncertainty. ARMYs will be there for them because we are in this Bangtan shit forever 💜💜💜